• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Air Hockey

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
No one had helped me. But if you want to help me do it.

Keywords:
AIRHOCKEY!! YEAH!!
Contents

Air Hockey (Map)

Reviews
11:59, 11th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2: This map requires a description at THW, until fixed, Rejected.

M

11:59, 11th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2:
This map requires a description at THW, until fixed, Rejected.

Level 4
Wow! I actually love the idea of this map, and it was really cool as is. But one bug is, you can select the ball and order it to move wherever you want the best way to fix that is to make it deselect when selected. Make a trigger like this:

• Deselect
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Ball
    • Actions
      • Selection - Clear selection for (Triggering player)
Also, you should make a tournament mode instead of just 1v1 have 6 games of 1v1 winners play other winners losers play other losers and then the winner of the winners faces the looser of the losers (Players eliminated by two losses can view all other games). And you should also get a new model for the ball, i don't really know what, but i'm sure there's something better then a tile (check skins/models on this website?) Maybe one of the unit missiles. Don't put a computer for the ball, just leave it in control of the two players as you have it.

If you need any help in triggering i dabble.

Level 14
This game is a classic and old pong remake in warcraft.

- The game is rather boring and quite easy if you remain focused.

- A tournament mode would be a good idea, as Royy suggested.

- I didn't notice the bug Royy mentioned(I didn't try) but if it's true that you can do this then fix it.

- Add some spells? I know it would be hard but it would make the game much more challenging and fun.

Overall
- The game is a remake of the old game pong and it gets boring after a few minutes.

My advice
- Add a tournament mode, fix the bug Rayy pointed out, add some spells(e.g. A spell that you can cast every 30 seconds and stuns your opponent for 1/2 seconds, or a spell that increases the ball speed when you next hit it for 10 seconds, or a spell that you can cast once every two minutes that shields your whole field for 3 seconds).

Score
- At it's current state it's a 2/5.

Level 3
Leaky, buggy and boring.

You have to fix a lot. Royy that trigger doesn't work, because it has delay and there's still enough time to give the unit an order.

2/5 - Lacking