• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] AI for custom heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
hey guys
I'm making a footman wars map with AI, coz i hate the ones where u need 8-12 real players for it to be even remotely fun. So, i used (and modified) the triggers on the maps section of the forum to make the footies attack towards the centre/towards bases etc. But each race has a hero, which the AI just uses as a normal unit: they dont learn abilities or use them.
Hmm. Anyone know how to work this?
There are 36 heroes, all with custom abilities, and i'm a competent triggerer although i don't know any JASS.
:). Help much apprectiated
=][= Bort

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Hmmm I think you have to modify the abilities that they learn. I think they will use it after they learn it. For example, they can have a custom hero, but the AI is only using the normal heroes of their race. I think that's the solution.

-Rui

Level 10
just make an event where a unit gains a level, and actions to make the unit learn an ability. try searching under hero-

Status
Not open for further replies.