• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A simple spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Which I am too noob to do and I need the help from guys here, how do I create a starfall kind spell, where targets do not take damage but instead, negative armor bonus, which stacks, so when they get hit twice by a -0.5 armor they get -1 armor.

and btww what is JASS

Level 13
All you need is make a spell from fearie fire or acid bomb bcoz they reduce enemie's armor. Make it 10 level for example. Each level has -0.5 increment to armor.

Then, create dummy unit and give it this ability.

Make the main spell based on starfall and you can make trigger so:

Events:
Every 1 second

Condition:
IsChannel = true

Actions:
Set counter = counter + 1
Pick nearby enemy units around the caster:
Create Dummy unit
Set Level of NegativeArmor to counter
Add 1 second expiration timer to last created unit
Order last created unit to cast NegativeArmor to picked unit

All the bold typed are the variables that you must created.

Then, make another trigger that set the IsChannel = true if the caster cast the ability and IsChannel = false if the caster stop channeling. Don't forget to set counter=0 when the caster start channeling.

JASS is script language that behind most of all warcraft 3 stuffs, including trigger. So, trigger is actually JASS, but with friendly GUI so it make people easier to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.