• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[vJASS] A realistic viewing system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I am not too sure what a "relaistic view system" is. Reading the comments it seems to be that it tries to make units cast a vision cone in front of them rather than a circle in all directions? Similar to used in some survival and stealth games?

The system seems to use CJASS, which I am not even sure what that is...

It seems to work by hiding and showing units based on its own, poll driven, vision logic. This would probably be fine for stealth game sort of gameplay but may have issues if used for anything more complex that expects multiple units, non-cooperative multiplayer support or units to be carrying out actions while not visible by the player.

I am not too sure what a "relaistic view system" is. Reading the comments it seems to be that it tries to make units cast a vision cone in front of them rather than a circle in all directions? Similar to used in some survival and stealth games?

The system seems to use CJASS, which I am not even sure what that is...

It seems to work by hiding and showing units based on its own, poll driven, vision logic. This would probably be fine for stealth game sort of gameplay but may have issues if used for anything more complex that expects multiple units, non-cooperative multiplayer support or units to be carrying out actions while not visible by the player.
What if the units are moved locally and player vision isn't shared?

Moving units locally will likely cause an instant desync.
Except it was done for an inventory system,
142793-4e4a8bc537713c16cfad65c661caedec.png

Seeing how trigger managed to do selections for locally moved units means they have no pathing but don't have locust either so they can stay selectable... I wonder if player vision is local or not, any projectile system would have an issue with triggerhappy's system I suspect but if the dummies instead were locust'd and only gave vision... Not sure how player vision works, guessed it might be local since one can mh and not d/c.

Status
Not open for further replies.