• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A bit of a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want to make trigger so if unit enters within range of units of type or some units i will chose, he will die... but my editor doesn't allow me to do it :/...
I create unit with another trigger, then in same trigger set them in variables, first i did unit group... then i did each unit a different unit varibale... but in Unit enteres within "range" of "unit" ... i can't set "Unit" to variable... maybe theres another way?

Level 24
:lol:
haha just give the units u don't want them to touch permanent immolation with 99999 damage per second. clear the art-special and art-target and stats-buffs fields and it will work fine. unless of course, some units can get close to them and others can't.

Level 3
well... good idea... thu i'll have to set all my enemys invunreble well :) i'll do it this way, but maybe theres still a way with triggers? :/ i don't get it why in "Unit" selection i can't set a unit variable... maybe i need to update WE?

Level 24
immolation doesn't affect allied units. or if you want to give it to your own units you could give the enemy units you don't want to be effected magic immunity.

Level 3
well i gave unit immolation(permanent effect), but it doesn't do anything :/... i made my fire unit from Undead shade... maybe he can't be immolated ^^?.. well i've got a bigger problem at the moment... i really need to find Left and right from "Units facing angle" ... i mean so everything from (0;180) will be left and from (0;-180) - right :/ is that possible? coz i've been trying to do it for a few hours already :/

ye and what is "Angle between points" ? how can you get angle between 2 points withone zero coordinate ? :/... or does it put point with least "Y" on "X" line?

Level 3
naaw i just need to find them in trigger ... I've got a Unit his Facing angle and a point, which can be on the left and on the right from unit, so if its on the left, i'll have to turn unit left, on right have to turn right

Level 24
invisible units as a whole group cannot be immolated, or at least have their immolation do anything. you'd need to set Gameplay - Invisible Units Bestow Auras under Advanced -> Gameplay Constants to true for them to be able to be immolated. even then it might not be able to, since immolation might not be considered an aura according to the game. chances are 50/50 that it would work. if you want some units to be unaffected by that immolation, making them magic immune should do the trick. or change what they're Combat - Targeted as and change the immolation Stats - Targets Allowed.

Level 3
naw, you don't understand, i want to do the ice sliding, i've done the sliding, but i need to do the turning, so if i push somwhere on the left of his viewsite he would start triggered turning to the left like 1 percent per 0.01 second, but to do it i need to know if that point i issued order to walk to is on the LEFT or on the RIGHT from his viewsight to turn my variables of turning left or right on, which would start his turning regions can't move... and if dodger moves his left and right moves if he turns they turn too like if he is facing north his left is on west and his right is on east, If he is facing east his left is on north and his right is on south

Level 3
well i don't this shadow is invisible, coz i can click him ingame, and i removed his invisibility abbility when i made him... ;] i think its his fleeing abbility, but well thats not what really turtureing me, i can fix that but can't do with turnings....

Level 24
ghost = invisible & move through things just incase u didn't kno. also just because u can click on something doesn't mean it isn't invisible, it means you can see the unit whether it's invisible or not.
maybe the range is a little low? 25-100 AoE should be fine.

Level 24
hmm. well there are triggers to make units face a point :?
i don't think there are triggers to make units turn a certain degree amount though :(

Level 3
ok at least tell me how do i find angle? I've got 3 points i want to know angle between them so i've got Unit facing point+ Unit position as zero point + target of issued order... how do i find angle between them?

Level 24
well clockwise is negative
so turning +90 degrees would be turning 90 degrees to your left, and turning -90 degrees would be turning 90 degrees to your right.
turning clockwise = turning right
counter-clockwise = turning left
:wink:

Level 24
actually if you can make a unit face an angle you could probably do something like

make unit face ((angle facing of unit) + (+-90)) over (second amount)
yeah i know those aren't the actual names but it should work to make them turn left/right

Level 3
well i neededhim to turn slowly over time like 0.01 second for 2-3 degrees and the trouble was in your +/- ; how do i know where to turn + or - ? i'd need to know where is his left and right so for left i'd use - or right +, but since nor i nor my friend couldn't fix that ... i just made it another way :) and now it works fine, thanks for trying to help, but i don't really think it is possible... because in this stupid WE after 360 goes 0 :/ that fucks up everything....

Status
Not open for further replies.