• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 World Editor Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I need to know how to make units upgrade into units. I used to know, but with the new patch I can't find it anymore.

Also, something I'd like to know (but not rly need to know) is how to give units tech upgrades. Like, in Werewolf Advanced (old but classic game) the Werewolf unit itself has the techs for its units (damage, armor, etc), and they aren't abilities (have a gold cost and everything).

Level 2
Well really if you want to do the same style upgrades as Werewolf, all you need to do is put the upgrades onto the unit. In the Unit Data of the Object editor, scroll down to the bottom and look for Upgrades Sold(or something like that) and put the upgrade you want in there.

The upgrades I mean are like upgrading a scout tower into an arrow tower or cannon tower, the upgrade is specific to the unit.

Units don't have that techtree value

Attachments

• TechTree.jpg
    TechTree.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 75
Level 14
one way to fix it would be to base your unit off of a building and then just change it into a non-building.

or use triggers/abilities to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.