Backstory of Terra -- Before 1975 CE -- Draft II
- Hitler was killed by Bavarian police during the Beer Hall Putsch, thus averting the rise of Nazi Germany. The monarchists were elected and the Kaiserreich would be brought back, along with parts of those kingdoms too.
- WWII in Asia and the Pacific would be similar to those in real life, but dubbed the "Japanese War". But this time, the US put more support on China since there was peace in Europe and Japan was threatening everyone else. The Soviet Union didn't interfere with the war because they were busy with building up their army and also managing inner dissidents. At the same time, Mao Tse-tung would expand his guerrilla army while interrupting ROC and secretly collaborating with the Japanese.
- Japan would still be defeated in August 1945, perhaps even earlier; then the Chinese (Civil) War would still happen. Both the Soviets and the Americans supported their allies moderately in Asia, the Maoists and Nationalists respectively.
- The Kuomintang would maintained control over the southern half of China, meanwhile Tibet and Sinkiang willingly joined the ROC. At the same time, Mao secured concrete control over North China, especially Manchuria. China would remain like for a long time...
- In 1950 CE, Stalin finally launched his long-awaited invasion of Europe, known as the Second Great War (see RA1). Initially, Maoist China was not formally part of the Soviet Union and remained neutral, until the Korean War began. By this time, the Soviet Union also invaded China starting from the northwest and Maoist China restarted the Civil War.
- Quite many Germans, especially the Prussians, fled Germany during the Second Great War as the Soviet war machines swept through the lands of Europe. Many of them came for Nationalist China and Malaya. Most of them are very sympathetic and friendly to the Chinese, and look forward for a better life and cooperation with the Chinese in harmony.
- The Second Great War ended with Soviet defeat. The Soviet Union was occupied but Maoist China was left intact with a truce. Since the western nations were greatly exhausted during the war, the Maoists would be able to conquer much of China with ease. However, the Kuomintang would still maintain control over the southernmost and easternmost regions (Taiwan, Cantonia, Fukien, Chekiang, Jiangxi, Hunan) -- about seven provinces in total.
- Malaya went independent even earlier because of the war. Malaysia would then be formed but this time, Singapore and Brunei stayed within Malaysia.
(to be continued)
- Chiang Kai-shek was never hit by a traffic accident, so he could live longer in healthy condition and continue to lead Nationalist China. As a result, Chiang Kai-shek never died in 1975 CE and his heart problems were delayed greatly. As a result, Chiang Kai-shek continued to lead Nationalist China until 1984 CE.
Backstory of Terra -- After 1975 CE -- Draft II
- Due to the traffic accident averted in the first place, Chiang Kai-shek never died in 1975 CE, and his heart problems were delayed greatly. As a result, Chiang Kai-shek continued to lead Nationalist China until 1984 CE.
- The society of Malaysia faced a serious crisis and were split into five main cliques -- namely the Obsidian Kongsi, the Nanyang Unity and Revival Association (NURA), the Red Shirt Club, Malayan Communist Party and the Bersih Malaysia Club.
- Both the Obsidian Kongsi and the NURA opposed racism and prejudice against the Han Chinese-Malaysians. They share a lot of similarities in their ideologies and goals, but there are still a few key differences constracting the two.
Due to the many shared ideologies between the Kuomintang and the NURA, as well as shared Triad backgrounds between Chiang Kai-shek and the Obsidian Kongsi, these two cliques get generous supports from Nationalist China.
- NURA might be somewhat Sinocentrist and Germanophile, but generally the NURA was largely tolerant and respected the rights of an individual regardless of their race, ethnicity and gender. Unity among the Malaysians and gender equality was the NURA's main focus, as well as the revival of the Chinese culture and anti-communism. Perhaps the gradual assimilation of the entire society into one unique Sino-German-Malay culture as well.
- The much-feared Obsidian Kongsi, led by the infamous Dragonqueen Goh Yuet-yin, advocated to replace the "Ketuanan Melayu" with a supremacism of their own, and even demanded radical feminism and extreme cult of personalty surrounding the Dragonqueen Goh Yuet-yin.
- The Red Shirt Club vigorously defended the concept of Ketuanan Melayu and the UMNO government, while also harassing and devaluing the Chinese-Malaysians. One of the main factors behind the crisis.
- After hiding in Thailand for a moment, the Malayan Communist Party have finally resurfaced. The communists were composed mostly of radical left-wing Chinese, with a preference for Maoist Sinocentrism and violence. Nominally supports gender equality and racial equality but the Communist Party was actually misogynist and racist. Another main factor behind the crisis. Greatly supported by Maoist China.
- Besides the four radical cliques, there was also the Bersih Malaysia Club. This reformist group was supported by most Malaysians. Bersih calls for a democratic reform, social equality and unity among the Malaysians. Strongly opposed the Red Shirt Club, and were not exactly friends with the three other cliques either.
- The social crisis in Malaysia eventually escalated into a bloody civil war amongst the five cliques. This war that lasted for more than 20 years have brought devastation and misery to the Malayan Peninsula. It also left Malaya divided into three powers, with Nanyangese controlling the southern areas, the Obsidians controlling the northwest and the Communists controlling the northeast. Meanwhile, the Old Malaysian (UMNO-led Barisan Nasional) government along with Bersih Club and Red Shirt Club were relocated to North Borneo.
- Halfway during the war, NURA and the Obsidian Kongsi had a dispute about gender equality and individual freedom. This eventually intensified into a territorial and political dispute, which would then sparkle the flames of war in Malaya once again. With superior strategy and equipment, NURA was able to crush the Communists thoroughly and greatly weaken the Obsidians.
- With the decimation of hostile resistance, NURA was able to secure total control over the Malayan Peninsular. The Malaysian Civil War was ended with a great celebration as a new duchy begin to rose with the blessing of the Kuomintang -- the Duchy of Malaysia (Herzogtum Nanyang) with Lam Chih-kiang, the head of NURA, as its first and the only Duke. Order and peace returned after many years of bloodshed, as the new duchy began rebuilding and redeveloping Nanyang into a significant nation.
- Meanwhile, back in China, the calls for democracy, nationalism and integrity went stronger. The Kuomintang lifted the martial laws and gradually returned the power to the Chinese people within Nationalist China. In 1987, the first election since 1949 was held and constitutional rule was resumed in southern China.
However, the Maoist authorities in the north reacted differently than the Nationalists. Soon, a demonstration broke out within Peiping (Beijing). There were a lot of supports from many other corners of the world too, especially in Nationalist China and Nanyang. As the protests grew stronger and spread to many other cities wielded by the Maoists, the Communist Party of China began to felt threatened. Finally, on the day of 4 June 1989 CE, the Maoists finally declared martial law and began supressing the rallies.
In what became widely known as the Tiananmen Square Massacre, troops and tanks murdered at least several hundred demonstrators trying to block the Maoist military's advance towards Tiananmen Square. The number of civilian deaths has been estimated at anywhere between the hundreds to the thousands.
- At the same time, cries for Taiwan independence and Cantonia autonomy broke out too. Red Vietnam had a border conflict with Nationalist China around the Cantonian areas. As chaos and unrest ensued, Nationalist China had to grant some degree of autonomy to Cantonia, and designate Cantonia as a Margraviate with Lam Chih-kiang of Malaysia as its Margrave since he is an ethnic Cantonese and a skillful, charismatic leader.
- A few imperialists and opportunists from the Pan-Green Coalition mixed their Taiwan independence agenda with Chinese nationalism. Borrowing also from Cantonia's case and taking advantage of the democratic system, they demanded Taiwan to be ruled by a royalty and succeeded. Thus the Archduchy of Taiwan was born on 11 August 1987 CE.
- Due to the Tiananmen Square Massacre and the border conflict with Vietnam, most of the Chinese rose up and waged an uprising against communism, which would be later known as the First Great Crusade against Communism...
- Tibet began their own revolt against communism too, but the Tibetans demand the same autonomy and status enjoyed by Taiwan and Cantonia before joining the ROC.
- (Mental Omega ripoff) Deowrig were appointed as the Chief Advisor of the Soviet Union... Deowrig shut off the intelligence network in the Soviet Union and pulled the strings which eventually resulted in war between the Western Allies and the Soviets...
- After the successful First Great Crusade against Communism, major territorial and sociopolitical changes occur in East Asia. The Republic of China restored control over a large portion of central and western China, and renamed itself as the Sacred Republic of China. Tibet joined the Sacred Republic shortly thereafter.
The Archduchy of Taiwan were granted control of seven provinces namely Fukien, Chekiang, Kiangsu, Anhui, Kiangsi and Hunan.
Northern Vietnam would then be annexed to the Sacred Republic of China, precisely under the administration of the Margraviate of Cantonia as the province of South Cantonia. In addition, as the reward for participating in the Great Crusade against Communism, the Kuomintang awarded Cantonia-Malaysia with the rights to govern the provinces of Yunnan and Kweichow.
- 18 January 2020 CE -- Lam Chih-kiang proclaims himself König of Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur. The Kingdom of Nanyang was founded and it succeeded the former Duchy of Nanyang. A parade was held to celebrate his ascension to kingship.
- 18 January 2020 CE -- On the same day, König Lam sent platoons of dedicated troops, powerful battlemages and devastating tanks to hunt off the remains of the Obsidian Kongsi. Despite the significant number of the Obsidian Kongsi and an expert of magics, the New Malaysians proved to be a tough and difficult opponent.
- 18 January 2020 CE -- Goh Yuet-yin, the Dragonqueen of the Obsidian Kongsi, opened portals to the rumored world of Alastorn along with some of the best Shadowmancers. Most of her devotees followed her to the mysterious world, leaving only a few behind for unknown reasons.
(TO BE CONTINUED)
Shadowridge Empire -- Timeline
The Magic Kingdom -- Timeline
Shadow Legion -- Timeline
Egilian -- Timeline
Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.Dismiss Notice
DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.Dismiss Notice
We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.Dismiss Notice
Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.Dismiss Notice
The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!Dismiss Notice
The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.Dismiss Notice
Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!Dismiss Notice
Check out the Staff job openings thread.Dismiss Notice