• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNDragonRune

An icon for a request from Sky Green.
Sky Green;1968800 said:
Dude, you should totally make a troll, and dragon rune!

DragonRune13117788.jpg

Keywords:
Dragon, Blue, Rune, Light, Sky, Air, Water
Contents

BTNDragonRune (Icon)

Reviews
11:30, 2nd Aug 2011 Pyramidhe@d: Useful
Level 7
I have just a question : My icons files have a very important size, almost 15 kb for the BTN...
How I can decrease the file size? I have see the file size of Peekay's icons (for exemple), the BTN is 5 kb...
Reduce the maps' size is really important for me. Thx

Level 14
I have just a question : My icons files have a very important size, almost 15 kb for the BTN...
How I can decrease the file size? I have see the file size of Peekay's icons (for exemple), the BTN is 5 kb...
Reduce the maps' size is really important for me. Thx

Icons dont affect a map's filesize much, and fixing the filesize on a few icons won't make a different. It's the models / skins / sounds that really affect the size.

I like the icon. :smile:

Perfect for some sort of aura.

Level 49
Icons dont affect a map's filesize much, and fixing the filesize on a few icons won't make a different. It's the models / skins / sounds that really affect the size.

I like the icon. :smile:

Perfect for some sort of aura.

80kb its godzilla size for icon.
Also, when u have 400 icons in size of 8-10 (classic icon size), and reducing em to 3-4kb each - u will clear up around 1.5-2MB space. seriously.

Author, change buttonmanager's options of compressing images, put 50% quality and 4 layers, it will decrease icon weight.

Level 49
Who the hell uses 400 icons? I see your point though. My bad, lol.

Well, let see. If u have 20 heroes, and they have 4 skills each - u already getting 80 BTN icons and 80 DISBTN, also PAS and DISPAS (but we don't count em). (80+80 = 160)

Let think, you can easy have around 60 items with custom icons, that mean more 60 BTN and 60 DISBTN icons, that means more ~120 icons.

Hero icons is also 20 btn\disbtn icons (+40).

Now count else stuff, like buffs (needs PAS for correct show) and else stuff.

And now think please about 40 heroes. 60? 100 (dota size) ? :)