• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Zombie Infection
Click-to-Attack. Diablo style.
Game Basics
1.1 Introduction
1.2 Game Modes and Rounds

Features
2.1 Click-to-Attack
2.2 Ammo
2.3 Barricades and Mana

Final Notes
3.1 Screenshots
3.2 Final Note

==================================================

1.1 Introduction (^)
Zombie Infection is a map based off of Halo's Infection game type, and inspired by CoD: WaW's Zombie mode, with some of my own twists. There is one building in the center with 4 barricaded entrances, with 1 smaller room behind it and and even smaller room behind that one.

1.2 Game Modes and Rounds (^)
Before the game even starts, the host must choose 1 of 3 game modes:

Survival: The "normal" game mode. All players spawn as humans. Hordes of computer controlled zombies will try to break into the base and kill the players. No human respawns.
Virus: Just like Survival, but when you die you respawn as a zombie and must attack the humans.
Alpha Zombie: There is only one zombie, but he has very high health and massive damage. Host can choose to give control of the Alpha Zombie to a computer or a random player.

Once the host chooses a game mode, the round starts. When all humans eventually die, the round is over and a different game mode can be chosen.

2.1 Click-to-Attack (^)
To attack something, you left click on it and your unit will attack it ONCE. For example, in a regular Warcraft 3 game you right click on a unit and watch them fight, and cast an ability every now and then. In this system, you have to left click on your target for every hit, like in Diablo. I've tested it multiple ways to make sure you can't use the regular Warcraft attack style.

2.2 Ammo (^)
The humans in the game must use ammo. Gold = Ammo in your gun, Lumber = Ammo that you can reload into your gun. One left click = -1 ammo. Clips hold 30 bullets. You can reload at any time. Keep in mind that zombies don't have guns. You can use an ability you have to buy more ammo with your mana, but more on that in the next section.

2.3 Barricades and Mana (^)
It is impossible to enter or exit the building without destroying a barricade. They act as a "meat shield" for the humans, who can shoot at the zombies without taking damage (Until they break atleast). The smaller rooms are also barricaded.

For every kill you get you will receive +1 mana. For 10 mana you can rebuild a barricade. For 15 mana you can cast an ability that will give you a clip of ammo.

3.1 Screenshots (^)
I have completely redone the terrain, these shots are old and irrelevant.
fort.jpg

portals.jpg

reload.jpg

survivalmoed.jpg

uh-oh.jpg

This is the terrain in it's current form.
front.jpg

outside.jpg

inside.jpg

crash.jpg

pileup.jpg

3.2 Final Note (^)
Thanks for reading this. If you have any suggestions or complaints or whatever feel free to post them or PM me. I'll try to get the first version out later this week.

Last edited:
Level 4
Even though I think FP would be so much cooler than the default camera, others might prefer the default cam. You should give people the option XD

Status
Not open for further replies.