• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

You do need beta key for the editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Yes, as you read on the title. You don't need a beta key to try the EDITOR out. This is a great new to those that don't have one and still wants to try the GE for themselves. Just download the installer (I can't say from where or i will get banned), update it and then open the StarCraft II Editor.exe you have in your SCII folder.

Enjoy =D

PS: you can even test your maps in-game =D this is great haha!!

Level 20
Second thread I've seen mentioning this (in the update thread) i'm assuming yo mean via torrents... Yeh that probably would get you banned. Ah but the person in that thread sad he'd "not illegally" downloaded it, doubt there is such thin :( but all these mentioning are just rubbin it in lol, no way am I torrentin though :/

thanks for the info anyway :)

I apologise for missing letters, typing via an iPod touch ;)

Level 11
haha no problem :p. I didn't see anybody posting that Editor could be used without beta key :/ sorry about that (to forum)

I posted coz i read a lot of times people concerning about them not being able to use the editor

Level 11
You can just copy your entire SC2 folder onto a flash drive and paste it onto another computer. Far quicker and easier than DLing it, lol.

I did this to get SC2 on my other two computers rather than spending a massive amount of time re-DLing it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Inorder to legally use the editor, you must take part in the beta.

To do this you could...
Try winning a key from one of our many brilliant and wacky events this site is hosting.
Opt in to the beta via your battle.net account to have a chance of being selected each week.
Pre-order the game from select vendors who will supply you with a beta key upon paying the deposit.

Ultimatly you can always wait until the game is released. You will then have access to the editor upon completed instilation and update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.