• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

You can request icon from jollyD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
If you wish) :wink:

Already done:

121210d1357150583-you-can-request-icon-jollyd-btnmetalgauntlet.png
121239d1357212512-you-can-request-icon-jollyd-btnimprovedmetalgauntlet.png
121241d1357212512-you-can-request-icon-jollyd-btnadvancedmetalgauntlet.png

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2269060-post23.html

icons_16030_btn.jpg

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnghsmorc-228099/

121402d1357557502-you-can-request-icon-jollyd-btnnagarally.png

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2272161-post38.html

121579d1357983107-you-can-request-icon-jollyd-btntransnature.png
121586d1357986320-you-can-request-icon-jollyd-btntransnaturegnb.png
121587d1357986320-you-can-request-icon-jollyd-btntransnaturegag.png

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2275026-post45.html
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2275040-post47.html

Last edited:
Level 18
WHOot Whoot, great then here is your first request.

Would you be so kind to create an icon for each of my 3 gauntlet models???
Gauntlet Tier 1, Gauntlet Tier 2, and Gauntlet Tier 3.

Then I could add your icons as "meant to be used together"?

PS: about your hexagons, I will finish shortly.

Edit: ok your hexagons model is finish, just check your request post.

Last edited:
Level 7
Icons *---*
Be prepared to read a lot of things xD I need many icons. MANY. xD
If you could just do some of them, I would already be most grateful.
Also note that there is no need to customize each and every icon extremely. If you happen to have a well-fitting icon at hand, just give me that maybe ^.^
I shall write down the ability description for the abilities I need icons for and possibly add some notes~ I shall also write wether the icons are for active, passive or activated/deactivated abilities.

Corrode Magic(Passive):
The Plague Spawns' acid corrodes magical energy, destroying up to 16 mana per attack while dealing half the destroyed mana as extra damage to the enemy.
(Take Something poisoinous looking for that something... acidious xD)

Corrosive Siege(Passive):
Provides the Dragon Turtle's with metall-corroding acid that causes mechanical units to have their attack speed reduced by 60% and movement speed reduced by 70%. Additionally, any enemy unit hit with this will take 4 damage every second.
Lasts 6 seconds

Permanent Invisibility(Active):
Simply the normal permanent invisibility~ I'd just like a different icon instead of the "Shadowmelt" icon.

Poison Cloud(Passive):
Poisonous gases surround the Plague Spawn, causing any enemy near them to lose 10 health every 3 seconds.
(Simply something poison cloud like would be nice for that one)

Protection of Azshara(Active/Autocast):
A mighty protection spell, which increases armor and health regenaration rate by 7 for 10 seconds.
(Be creative on this one, I think the name may be most helpful for that matter)

Withering Presence(Passive):
Decreases nearby enemy units attack and movement speed by 30%.
(Practically a slowing aura)

Virus(Active/Autocast):
Afflicts the target unit with a Virus, dealing 4 damage per second to the targeted unit for 15 seconds. If the afflicted unit dies during this time, a Lesser Plague Minion will spawn from its corpse. The spawned unit lasts 15 seconds and can create additional copies of itself.

These have all been unit skills~ Now some Hero skills... I shall sort them by the Hero and give a brief description of them - Just note that I also need a research icon for each Hero ability:

Revenant of the Apocalypse: An evil-themed offensive caster hero that deals REALLY much damage, especially to single targets.

Apocalypse(Active):
The Revenant conjures apocalyptic magic, dealing damage to allies and enemies in a wide area and stunning them for 1,5 seconds. Three Apocalyptic Enforcers are summoned through this ability that serve the Revenant for 90 seconds.

Compressed Decay(Active):
The Revenant shoots off a compressed ball of decaying powers, dealing heavy damage to a single enemy. The ball explodes once reaching the target, dealing small damage to nearby enemies and reducing their armor for a short amount of time.

Negative Blast(Active):
Blasts units around a target with a wave of negative energy, dealing damage and causing the target unit to take increased damage from magical attacks.

next Hero:
Plaguebringer: A fast melee unit, which is practically a wandering plague~

Miasma(Passive):
Intoxicates enemies near the Plaguebringer with miasma, a gas-like poison, causing them to take damage over time for 60 seconds. If a unit affected with Miasma dies, poison will stream out of their dead body, poisoning nearby enemies. This propagated poison deals more damage per second, but lasts only for 30 seconds and enemies affected by it will, once again, spread it upon death.
(Make the icon look a bit... purplish .3)

Another Hero:
Medusa: Derived from the already known wc3 hero, Lady Vashj aka Sea Huntress.

Petrifying Arrows(Active/Autocast):
Infused with petrifying magic, each attack of the Medusa regenerates mana, slows enemies and decreases their damage done. The Medusa, however, deals less damage with each shot.

Sooo~ These are a few skills xD Not all, but some are still in progress~ I hope it is not too much to read ^^" ._.

Level 18
Lol Lucy,,

You should at least give JollyD a reference picture for each icon, also from the hero that will use each of them so the abilities can match the hero or unit style....

If you are using custom skins for your units then you should provide them so JollyD's work is easier or at least not random....

Level 7
Lol Lucy,,

You should at least give JollyD a reference picture for each icon, also from the hero that will use each of them so the abilities can match the hero or unit style....

If you are using custom skins for your units then you should provide them so JollyD's work is easier or at least not random....
Well, I shall do that then~ Will just take some time to prepare, which i do not have atm xD
And some things are rather simple - if the icon fits the ability, it would already fit well enough.

Level 7
^) Prepare!
Should I simply make a test map for you then?

Edit: If I make a test map, should I only include the skills/abilities I wish to be iconized, or can I simply include everything and you look through it yourself?

Level 14
In just 24 hours this thread is going to be spamed with desperate user who desperately want an icon.
But since I know how good you're at that job, I don't think you'll face any problem.

~Good Luck my Friend~:goblin_good_job:

Edit: Forgot to give you a present. Merry Christmas: +rep:goblin_yeah:

Level 30
Here is updated version

+

Tier 2 nd 3

Attachments

• MTGTLT_JD2.rar
    28.5 KB · Views: 59
  • BTNMetalGauntlet.png
    BTNMetalGauntlet.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 197
  • DISBTNMetalGauntlet.png
    DISBTNMetalGauntlet.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IAAMTGT_JD.rar
    62.8 KB · Views: 41
  • DISBTNAdvancedMetalGauntlet.png
    DISBTNAdvancedMetalGauntlet.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 131
  • BTNAdvancedMetalGauntlet.png
    BTNAdvancedMetalGauntlet.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 182
  • DISBTNImprovedMetalGauntlet.png
    DISBTNImprovedMetalGauntlet.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 134
  • BTNImprovedMetalGauntlet.png
    BTNImprovedMetalGauntlet.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Level 23
Hi Jolly,
I need an Icon for a nature-themed Hero.
Basically the spell creates a barrier, that can be transferred to another hero via spell, and I would like to have an icon for exactly that spell.

It should look similar to this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnadrenalin-198238/?prev=d=list&r=200&u=peekay

Like silhouette, but 2 instead of 1 and an arced arrow pointing to the 2nd character:

zeichnung1083.jpg

Not the best sketch, but I think you get the point.

As already said, it should be nature themed, so greenish colors, the silhouettes in black or white, as you like it.

Level 30
Hi Jolly,
I need an Icon for a nature-themed Hero.
Basically the spell creates a barrier, that can be transferred to another hero via spell, and I would like to have an icon for exactly that spell.

It should look similar to this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnadrenalin-198238/?prev=d=list&r=200&u=peekay

Like silhouette, but 2 instead of 1 and an arced arrow pointing to the 2nd character:

zeichnung1083.jpg

Not the best sketch, but I think you get the point.

As already said, it should be nature themed, so greenish colors, the silhouettes in black or white, as you like it.

Something like this?
:wink:

Attachments

• BTNTransNature.png
    BTNTransNature.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 178
  • ATCTransNature.png
    ATCTransNature.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 133
  • PASTransNature.png
    PASTransNature.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 80
  • TSNT_JD.rar
    106.4 KB · Views: 42
Level 30
Omg nice! And so fast! You are awesome :)
The only small thing is that the barrier itself (ingame) is also green, and not blue (the blue arrow is nice, just the barrier).
Well I think I can do a little recolor myself.
Thanks a lot man, can I request some more icons :cute: ?

Sure, i will recolor for you that

Here it is
2 variants

Attachments

• TSNT_GNB_JD.rar
    106.3 KB · Views: 35
  • TSNT_GaG_JD.rar
    105.8 KB · Views: 35
  • BTNTransNatureGNB.png
    BTNTransNatureGNB.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 187
  • BTNTransNatureGaG.png
    BTNTransNatureGaG.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 186
Level 23
No prob. So wanna some MOAR?

As you wish :)
Barrier

The Barrier you made the transfer icon for!
Currently I'm using this icon:
NatureBarrier.jpg

But it doesn't really fit with your icon now (artstyle and colorsheme).
Ingame it looks like this (not final effect):
Barrier.JPG

If you want you can replace it :)
Barrier Harm

The Barrier (from the icon you made) can also be transferred onto an enemy (with negative effects),
the icon could be a simple modification of the ally-transfer, but instead REDish on the target (pain, harm).
Nature's Reflux

Everytime the hero hits an attack or a spell, she receives a part of the done dmg in replenishment (orbs - the effect is not totally done)
Kinda bad sketch:

zeichnung1084.jpg

Basically s projectile/damage is coming from a source, hitting a target, then some of the energy flows back into the source in a twirly ray, so it's a bit like a cycle/circuit.

Again greenish style, to fit with the hero's theme.
I don't have more spells for this hero YET.

----

Different Hero:
Burkitt, Tumor
He spreads infestation via cysts and spawns small bugs and can crawl underground.
The theme/colorsheme should be undead/brownish.
Burkitt.jpg

Cyst

Spawns a morbid cyst at the target location, corrupting the area around it in a given radius.

Natural-Selection-2-review-1.jpg

A Screenshot from ns2, the cysts should look like this, but not that orange glowing, rather dull(since I have to use forgotten one model).

The Cyst has 2 modes:

Regenerative

In regenerative mode the cyst provides extra regeneration for nearby allies.
The icon should be the cyst in an energy-releasing mode, it spreads it's energy across a circular blight shape on the ground.

Productive

In productive mode, the cyst spawns little bugs that fight for the owner.
The Icon should be the cyst in a "working" mode, trying to produce bugs:

productive3sketch.jpg

The Cyst has 2 other spell to get rid of it:
Fulmination

Makes the Cyst explode after a short channel time, dealing damage in the blight radius. The blight disappears shortly after.
The icon should show an exploding cyst with some indication of damage being dealt in the near by area

Mutation

The Cyst mutates into a big Bug.
The Icon should show an exploding or dissolving cyst and a bug spawning out of it

productive2sketch.jpg

Cellular Degeneration (Passive)

As Burkitt is a cellular organism he degenerates hp while out of blight.
I'm using this icon atm:
PASCellularDegeneration.jpg

But it's neither fitting the color-scheme, nor showing cells dying.
The icon should show cells or bodyparts degenerating on normal ground (he degenrates while out of blight)
Maybe even a split terrain like this (without the text:p):

zeichnung1085.jpg

Crawler

Only castable on blight!
Burkitt crawls underground to hide himself from enemy forces and gaining extra movespeed.
THis is what I'm currently using:
BTNCrawler.jpg

But it's very generic and again, not really in the colorscheme.
The hero submerges underground and only a dusty/blight effect is visible above ground.
The Icon should show either a side or frontal view of this "dissolving" into the ground.

Another optional Icon would be the coming out spell, which makes him come above ground again, when casted.
Immense thanks in advance :) I really can't find proper Icons for the spells I am doing, so this is a superb help!

Status
Not open for further replies.