• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Yixx vs Eccho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
The Hive Workshop

Challenge

Instructions
1. Copy this form in its entirety.
2. Create a new thead in THW's Challenge Submission forum. The theme and challenger/opponent's name should be in the title.
3. Complete the information in each field below the underlined categories.
4. Do not alter the document in any other way.
5. Improperly completed requests may be rejected.
Challenge Arena Rules:
  • Challenge results must be bug-free.
  • Copy and paste techniques are not permitted.
  • No exports from other games are acceptable.
Challenge Theme:

Subject:
Spell Scripting

Theme:
Make a spell for the Mountain Giant

Challenger:
Yixx

Opponent(s):
Eccho

Challenge Duration:
5 days

Proposed Reputation Award:
10 reputation points

Challenge judging:
Judge: Dr Super Good

Map-specific conditions:
* Spell must follow the Spell Rules as stated here: Link
* The Spell must be made fully during this challenge, no parts of the spell may be made before this challenge starts.
* Systems like TimerUtils may be used, if approved by both challengers.
* A dummy.mdx is allowed as an import.

Last edited:
Level 16
Lol, ya i agreed. Well, i hope this challenge will start soon, as for next week friday i will be heading to Jordan, without any computer/internet connection. So we either have to start this now, or wait until i am back. When will you go on vacation Eccho?

Level 23
I've vm'd Gilles. Let's hoope he reply today ._.

I have another issue tho. Even though I turn off DEP (Data execution Protection) on my vista64, it keeps blocking me from using testmap from jngp. Ill live with it though, its just a pain in the ass.

Level 23
Checking leaks. If you see that checking always going upwards when testing your spell, you have a leak somewhere. It will always go up in first tries, but sooner or later it should stop and being pretty stable on a fixed max value

Level 16
Wip:

Rock Smash.jpg

To be Continued....

EDIT: Thank Paint for Crappy Quality! :D

Level 23
:D Baseball smash

I hope you add some nice shatter effects :)

Edit:
wip posted. I will ofc remove those debug shit and the tooltip and icon should be modified.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_072709_172651_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_072709_172651_01.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 151

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Rmx, no one here is called Dynasti, lulz :p

It looks like Hanky's vast plain D:? I had no idea. I thought that was a trap spell with blue lasers.

Lol sorry maybe at 2 am in night i must have been mistaken or Shit minded, anyway it is not like vast plane of hanky, it is the same concept lifting up unit, but hanky is not with rocks that is for sure :D

Level 23
Okay, here is my submission. Yixx has indeed 3 hours to submit his, but if he can't make it, Ill have the patience no matter what that would mean. I just he will show up today at some time.

The map/spell requires at least JNGP 5b.
It has one utility not made by me and that is Group Utils. Credits to Rising_Dusk and Captain Griffen for that one.

The map is saved for v1.24. The only thing which should not be incompatiable here is the Group Utils, since it first used regular typecasting with the return bug. For this saved version, it has been replaced with GetHandleId(h) instead of return h, return 0. Change that in order to make it to work with v1.23

Like this eh (bleeeh Rmx):
JASS:
private function H2I takes handle h returns integer
     return GetHandleId(h)
endfunction

private function H2I takes handle h returns integer
     return h
     return 0
endfunction

~Eccho~

Attachments

• Challenge-Me(Eccho)-vs-Yixx.w3x
    108.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Ok ... Spell review ...

Idea - 3.8 / 5

Theme - 4.6 / 5

Coding - ? / 5 let us make it 4 / 5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.8 + 4.6 + 4 = 12.4 / 15 = 24.8 / 30

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The spell itself is weak ! srsly jumping rock :( i tought you were going to do better :D

Anyway ...

How to Improve : Increase the rocks . and make the unit fly on the rocks .. but not half in them ...

Make shadow for the Rocks ... OMG Rocks flying giant rocks without shadow :S

And about the spell .. well i think it should get lower :( sorry

Last edited:
Level 23
Lolwut...

The spell itself is seriously imba, once you get a direct hit. You might have as well not noticed that units that survive the first jump impact damage is stunned and swooped in the air along with the rock chunk.

Increase the rocks? Like what? Size, shadow, damage?
Units still fly half in the rocks? Thats weird, alter the constants then.
Shadow for the rock, sure, but then again, that dummy can't be used for everything.

The spell should get lower than what? Speak up...

You hope I could do better? Yeah its not usual that my code ends up being arounf 400 lines long. Can you do better :D?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
A 1.24 entry.....

Well I will wait until both submissions are submitted or until the patch before trying out your entry. Which ever happens sooner.

This is because currently one of the submissions are missing so I would have to view both at a later time anyway and it is a lot of effort to go through patching and then unpatching.

Also you may have to check the deadline or atleast come to an agreement, as Eccho probably will automatically win as there is no challenging entry to his.

Level 23
I said before, that I am willing to wait a while, but I really hope he shows up asap.

Also DSG, the only thing which is 1.24 is the group util. All you have to do is to change the typecasting function there

Level 16
sorry sorry sorry D:,,
shit day yesterday. Though i know excuses are not in place, for i am inrevoccably late.
But here it is: Rock Smash by Yixx,,

Sorry for the Not much Eye-candy =\

Attachments

• Test-Map.w3x
    109 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.