• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

WoW = less performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
So,

I bought a new computer like 2 months ago and I decided to start playing wow again. And now, 15 days later after installing wow I get a feeling my computer is slower and doesnt perform as good as before.

I have been playing LoL and Company of Heroes on highest video quality without my fps going lower than 40 but in wow I play with "Low" settings and I still get lags in the center of Orgrimmar.

Is it just me or is wow lowering the performance of a computer? :confused:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It is impossible for software to degrade the performance of a computer system. It is possible for software to degrade performance of other software when running by consuming system resources but turning such software off will immediatly fix the problem. Additionally various updates to software (such as drivers) might make degrade performance if a unintentional bug is introduced but these get eventually patched.

Over time some pieces of hardware such as hard disks or disk drives can degrade in performance due to mechanical wear. This usually is a concern after many years and not days.

I advise making sure you have not picked up any malware as those can noticably slow system performance.

Last edited:
Level 11
You will always lag in the center of ogrimmar, everyone does. Make your home dalaran and use the port in dalaran to get to org whenever you need to be there. :p

Sweet I love Dalaran :D

but seriously i managed to keep my fps above 30 in Org yesterday, I don't know what made the difference since I had all the usual setting, no patch download and closed all the background programs.

Maybe my computer is haunted... il search for a forum that is concentrated on that :p

How do I know that my computer is haunted?

Status
Not open for further replies.