• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] World of Warcraft Systems need help for me and a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have a friend who needs help with a trigger/region/corpse system for the resurrection of dead heros

and i need a system of some sort to give the camera and the controls a WoW feel to it possably if not exact then a little like it

here are the examples of what my friend needs:

hero dies then becomes a soul at the nearest graveyard/healer then the soul must find his body aka dead hero in order to resurrect

Me and my friend are stumped on this one and i have searched about half the internet just to find out how to make such a system

here are examples for my camera and control system:

camera is right behind the hero/character and dosent change unless you use the turning keys "[" & "]" to turn the camera left or right movement and attacking is a simple right click

can anyone help me with these systems?

Level 14
I have a friend who needs help with a trigger/region/corpse system for the resurrection of dead heros

and i need a system of some sort to give the camera and the controls a WoW feel to it possably if not exact then a little like it

here are the examples of what my friend needs:

hero dies then becomes a soul at the nearest graveyard/healer then the soul must find his body aka dead hero in order to resurrect

Me and my friend are stumped on this one and i have searched about half the internet just to find out how to make such a system

here are examples for my camera and control system:

camera is right behind the hero/character and dosent change unless you use the turning keys "[" & "]" to turn the camera left or right movement and attacking is a simple right click

can anyone help me with these systems?

The resurrection part is simple.
All you have to do is make sure that when the hero is killed the expiration timer on the decaying unit (it's corpse) will not be removed after 60 seconds, or you can create a dummy unit which model file is the corpse of a dead unit. Then you need a trigger that creates a new unit at the graveyard
(you can for example use a region to spawn this unit on the exact location). Then create a trigger that checks every ... seconds if the new unit is in ... range of the dead hero.
When this is true you can remove the new unit and recreate the hero on the same location as where it died.

It's not such a complicated trigger, if you really need an example because you can't seem to figure it out please tell me.

About the camera system: There are lots of third person camera systems for warcraft 3. However I'm not sure if it is possible to detect the [ or ] key for changing the position of the camera. I think it's not but I'm not certain enough to give a solid solution.

Here are a few examples of third person camera's:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ials-280/advanced-third-person-camera-145836/

(this one will change the view of the camera to the rotation of the unit, making sure that the camera is always behind the unit. If you know Jass then you would be abled to change this to your likings)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/third-person-camera-system-202175/

(check out this thread for the same thing that you are trying to achieve. This one uses trackables to track the position of the mouse, however you need a mod called RtC in order to use this system inside your map. And when you do you won't be abled to play your game online.)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/starcraft-ii-editor-help-zone-647/third-person-cam-help-176885/

(A random third person camera system I found using the search function. Wouldn't know if this helps at all...)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-ai-scripts-tutorials-280/making-camera-system-65334/

(This is probably one that you want, it uses the arrow keys to move the camera around. You would have to know a bit of Jass to create this system.)

Also be reminded: Don't run when you still have to learn how to walk ;)
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.