• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Just need Help for my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
also, My friend wants to make an helm-deeps like map (The orcs or whatever attacks humans.. or how they called in lotr..) and He doesn'T know how to make an trigger taht shows Seconds until Reinforcements comes and Helps kill orcs (Cleartext: A countdown To win) so can anyone make an Good Noob description for my friend? Hes new at map making and asked me for help but i couldnt help him , now im asking you guys.

Level 4
Ok first off timers arnt all that hard. There are many tuturials around for triggers. Here is what i reccomend you do:
Wait 45.00 seconds
Countdown Timer - Start (Last started timer) as a One-shot timer that will expire in 1800.00 seconds
Wait 1.00 seconds
Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for (Last started timer) with title Example

Now if that style of a timer doesnt work, try this site
www.thehelper.net
I am sure you will find something there.

Level 6
1) you need two variables: TimerCavalry of type Timer and TimerWindowMain of type Timer Window. (to create a global variable, click on the last item in edit menu in trigger editor)

2) you need to start a timer and create a window:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: You must hold on for half an hour!
      • Countdown Timer - Start TimerCavalry as a One-shot timer that will expire in 1800.00 seconds
      • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for TimerCavalry with title Reinforcements:
      • Set TimerWindowMain = (Last created timer window)
3) last thing we need is a set of actions that will execute when that timer expires:
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Time - TimerCavalry expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Destroy TimerWindowMain
      • Unit - Create 12 Knights for Player 7 (Green) at BackupPoint1 facing 270 degrees
      • Unit Group - Order (Last created unit group) to Attack-Move To HumanCastleLocation
      • Unit - Create 12 Knights for Player 7 (Green) at BackupPoint2 facing 270 degrees
      • Unit Group - Order (Last created unit group) to Attack-Move To HumanCastleLocation
      • Unit - Create 12 Knights for Player 7 (Green) at BackupPoint3 facing 270 degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Archmage for Player 7 (Green) at BackupPoint2 facing 270 degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack-Move To HumanCastleLocation
in this example i created 36 horsemen and one mage and ordered them to attack anything between them and the keep (that was one global variable of type point, set it on map init); instead of creating the horseman, you can just end the map in victory, but this is much cooler. just set their stats so that you are sure they'll defeat the orcs and make sure player 7 is allied to your player...

once your friend gets this stuff to work, have him find some tutorial on fixing memory leaks

Level 4
Hmm thats not what my friend wants he wants VICTORY Not that thing, the reinforcements comes in lotr film(I saw it once!) then the reinforcements came and killed orcs in no time (Or the undead whatever) So he wants not knights or horsemans he wants Win

Btw Thanks From my friend to you edge[d1]^^

Status
Not open for further replies.