• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Wisp melee unit with a missile attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Right, so I have a unit using the Wisp model. It has no attack animation, so I used the Far Seer missile attack for it. But I don't want it to be a ranged unit, as in I just want it to be a melee unit. It attacks in melee range and only land units, but because I have to use a missile for it to have something reminiscient of an actual attack animation, apparently it's considered a ranged unit. It gets Trueshot Aura on it, which wasn't intended.

I've tried other attack modes, and it either doesn't get a missile or becomes a ranged character with a range of 100. Is there a way to work around that?

Level 39
Give it no attack but instead an ability based on the phoenix attacks (most of the weapons in Battleships use this to fire autonomously). It'll target whatever and won't be on the UI to show damage range but it could work.

A better solution would probably be to edit the model to have an attack animation added.

Status
Not open for further replies.