• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[WIP] RPG without a good story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hi guys! i have this rpg that im making but it misses even a decent story :confused: first quest is about wolves going mad and attacking everyone. so me and couple of forum buddys were thinking that some dark force is driving animals really insane and evil. so if you guys could think of somekind of quests and storyline further?

Level 5
That's usually how things start, isn't it? Haha.

I will be pretty sad if the events your story are more plot-based than character-based. You should define the characters in the story first. Then move on to events that bring the characters together and into conflict. Then there's reason to have an adventure.

My advice is generic too, because I have absolutely nothing specific about who is involved in what is happening in your first scene.

Level 8
Theres been rumors sounds creeps at night. The settlers get anxious to make up stories of a banshee in the forest thats controlling animals with her rage abilities and encantations to explain why theres been a quite alot of hunting accidents latley. "Why have bears been spotted nearer town?" "Why does Jhonny only have one eye after returning from a dove shoot?" after David(main) comes into and encounter with a wolf pup in the woods and barely escapes with his life he runs and tell the village of this little 10 months wolf pup that bout kills him. they laugh at his ignorance. but the next morning a hoard of wolf are seen in town and attacking passerbys. a few men in thew village(david aswell) take arm to fend them off. After a bit some retreat and a squadron of men (David Jhonny and other castmembers to be added) are sent to dispatch of the remaining of the packs so the village wont live in fear. when they finally encounter the wolves they witness the thought to be fictional banshees casting her rage encantions on a pack of wolves whitch then attack them. a few (jhonny and david and a couple more that are important) escape and survive. these four head the "Brothers Purge" a now elite group of men from the village to hunt down the banshee and any creatures she might have under her control (now big wolfs bear and zombies from the nearby raided grave yard).

There you go thats a good start for an rpg/campaign i think. i could tweak it some for you.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.