• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[WIP] "Boss Mod"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Yo, this is my thread about my map I am currently working on, my project.
It has no final name yet I just chose to call it "Boss Mod".

Progress: Online Status: Basic
Terrain:
progressbar.php
14%
Abilities:
progressbar.php
0%
Units:
progressbar.php
100%
Items:
progressbar.php
24%
Triggers:
progressbar.php
0%

Team/Owners of Project: AbeHolm, -Spirit Hunter-

Introduction:
Boss Mod is a map where you and you'r 9 fellow gladiators fight for survival.
As you along with your team slay giant ramping monsters you gain great fighting power, and experience epic battles, abilities comming to kill you which tears your helmet of. Where is your mum now?

Idea / Concept:
What I was thinking, the whole idea and start of this is to create something, fast, easy, simple and fun.
A small gladiator type map to meet instead of a huge incredible complex map with 100 of things to do and to think of before you get in action, I bring you the action fast, with a small and yet fun eye-candy, head-dropping map with an easy code to follow.
KILL or be KILLED.

Items, levels, abilities is brought to you fast, to actually finish of this map is to either choose easy difficulty of normal, hard. Or play the teamplay and learn strategy.
In harder difficulty you will require at least 1 or 2 people to have a hero which includes an ability of healing and at least 1 tank.

You are placed in a small eye-candy looking loacation to fight 10 Huge Ramping Bosses with eye-candy-head-dropping abilities.
As you kill you will be moved to a total of 6 different eye-candy-head-dropping evironments which is beign made by a competition winning terrainer to play his fantasies. The map is small, it's all focus on the fun, simple and fast real action gameplay, while the small size gives the goal of an incredibly nice fitting terrain and creativity, odd looking but still senceable abilities.

Fantasies are beign played.
Action is brought in, Comedy is brought in believe it or not and drama.
The harder difficultie the higher strategy and the more experience you'll need.
It's all focused on beign easy, simple and fun.

Every achievement in the map is set short, to move forward to the next, every achievement gives you gold, items, levels, the things that makes you feel like you are getting really good and strong, too easy?
STEP it up!, change difficulty and master the new encounters.

Here I focus to do great small eye candy things instead of great great big things that will either drop your head and chin or just becomes over your head and in a final result of ... meh.

Information of Basic Structure:
A total of 60 boss encounters.
A total of 6 uniqe head-dropping fight environments.
A total of 600 uniqe items to be self-selected by the player as bosses dies. (choose 1 of 10 per boss death)
A total of 180 levels for you to earn easily.
A total of 4 abilities per Hero to master and use strategic.
A total of 3 head-dropping abilities per boss. (1 for easy, 2 for normal, 3 for hard)
A total of 30 different uniqe Heroes to choose from.
Armor, Abilities, Health and Damage is the main focus.
Mana is determind to stay the same from lvl 1-180 which limits the use of abilities. (changed by difficulty)

What I mean by "Basic Structure" is that this is the total goal, this is when the map is ready for a Beta. (I will never name this map "name - Beta"
"Advanced Structure" will be brought which shapens the map, changing everything that the people feels, wrong, boring or just wacko!, correcting existing if there is flaws and lastly any kind of new improvement will be brought.

After "Advanced Structure" this map is in it's Gold Edition and no more changes will be dealt with, I will move for a next comming project when that time comes.

At this moment this project is moving very very fast, faster then I ever thought it would, a team can be assembled, as I am already a team of 2.
I have ALL tasks that needs to be done written down in text documents, it's a step by step map to do, to change the text in the text document to a living project in the WE.
Easy, fast, simple, fun.

Pictures and Updates comes all the time as time passes.
For now I have nothing I'd like to reveal. It is for you to wait and feel excited about. (A)
Any comments? :pal:

QUOTES with Info that might clear up and answere questions.

Hahahaha, a Sheep and a Squid ;P
All units 'r done, all the bosses and heroes.
Changes wont be made from after a beta test.

60 bosses feels like much? :)
Well the first boss should go down like a airplain loosing all the fuel in a blink when in air haha.

The further you get the harder, the longer you fight, so 60 bosses isn't too much.
Anyways, I can't say Im 100% sure it is, but that'll the beta version answeres maybe? =D

smash tv? heeh..

I must say all the abilities is also done but this time on paper I'm just going to make em alive in the WE.

Every ability is almost triggered because every ability is supposed to sooner or later as/or direct hit every player in gameplay.

I wouldn't mind adding a sheep and a Squid later since I have comedy aswell, if you see the 600 items.
Can give one peek at 3 item NAMEs.

*Christmas Turkey of Repentence
*Happy Priestess's Medicine of Green Branch's
*Slayer's Mace of Doom and Compassion

The items would be giving damage, health, armor and such as any other item.
But I'm sick of the concept to have
Gloves, weapons, helmets.
Just give me a bunch of random item giving the same shit.
Later on if this map would be something of a "fly", people would be funny looking saying, oh! can't wait for boss 43 when I can buy Slayer's Mace of Doom and Compassion, it's awesome for my hero class.

By the way, there is 30 different hero classes.
and all heroes got somewhat nice names like
Roy Steele

:)

hahaha, you liked that one ? :razz:
I got it here in a map, tho I ain't using it as a sig at the moment.
View attachment 44409

"Sounds like alot of fights and items."
Yes and 10 items are brought to you every fight, choose one for every fight, and they are built from the fight itself.
It's simple nothing to think about, kill a boss, 10 new items to choose from, choose one and keep fighting a new exciting, uniqe and cool fight. :)
and every boss fight is actually uniqe, different from the other.

Êxactly, the boss isn't about how much dmg he does, its more about getting his hp down to zero and still survive every special uniqe ability he has.

So when it comes to the fights its all about the bosses abilities.
at hard they have 3 uniqe ones, and every boss all of em, has different uniqe abilities, and either the ability contribute to the boss or does something bad to ALL players at once. or goes from one to another player under a small amount of time.

So at a hard difficulty you will probably need different tactics and a good teamplay.
at normal not so much, more team play and a less strategic, so its more of a practise to become a good team, and at easy its more of smash smash and avoid the one ability every boss has. which will get still hard or not so much.
And items there is 10 items per boss. a total of 600 items.
for example easy mode you can't choose 1 out of 10 items, you can chose 1 out of 6 items.
Normal, 1 out of 8 and hard 1 out of 10.

So it's all about having fun, its very easy spells, low health at bosses at the beginning, but the further you get the difficulty and spells get more complex in a quite rapid speed.

And at hard your hero should be having an amoun t of maybe 200k health, 30-60k damage at the last levels.
and have a good healer and a tank.
Everything moves quickly so it goes from easy and fun to hard and complex in a quite rapid speed, and its very dependant on the mode (easy, normal, hard).

Ultimatley, are you real skilled awesome player?
I'll give you a lift to be that, and then I'll let you continue on your own.
And in the end, its all about how good you are at this game, because in a hard mode you want experienced players and good teamplay.

Because as said in hard mode you get cooler, better items and you'll get to see cooler, more complex and AWESOME spells comming from that BIG HUGE Ramping Monster! Don't you want to become that GREAT AWESOME slayer player!? :eek:

There are 30 heroes, all different kinds.
I can tell you 5 of them just because I'm a nice person :lol:
Note that no heroes in game is called after their class, they are named with asian names as for class and then have a normal name like Roy Steele.
When choosing a hero you can read what kind of class he is in the description, like for example:
Roy Steele, Drio-Gyom a Enchanting Rogue.
Fights with different types of enchantings for a short amount of time.

Here is 5 classes from my map for you to understand and see just what kind there is. The creativity level of my map, heroes, bosses, abilities, items is at a extreme level. Passion.
*Magic Summoner
A caster which has various summon abilities.
*Druid
A caster which has various transform abilities.
*Sacrifice Warrior
A melee warrior with various heavy attacks, abilities cost not only mana, but health from the Sacrifice Warrior, this warriors abilities is slighty stronger than normal abilities.
*Warrior
A melee warrior with heavy survival abilities.
*Channeler
A caster with various channeling spells.

I will not reveal yet any of the spells, only what type. :wink:
Note these examples are just examples, it is not taken from the game itself but the class and type of spells, the tooltip does not look like this.

Easy mode, 30second revive if a class with a healing ability accepts (costs mana to revive)
Normal mode, 45seconds
Hard mode, 60seconds

As one dies any class that has at least one ability that can heal can sacrifice 1x ability cast to revive a dying team member.

"1x ability cast!?"
Yeah, all heroes has 4 abilities each at all modes.
Tho at easy mode they can cast a total of 12x casts. if they want every spell 4x times. After you have made 12 casts you mana is depleted if you don't got a mana potion. which isn't too easy to get your hands on.

Normal mode, 9x casts
Hard mode, 4x casts
Boss Mod Square Forest WIP.jpg

Last edited:
Level 5
Finally we got to know what it is all about :wink:

And now the name finally makes sense to me. And it sounds nice with a simple and fast arena kind of map for a change. As I always say: The more action, the better it is.

Level 5
Hahahaha, a Sheep and a Squid ;P
All units 'r done, all the bosses and heroes.
Changes wont be made from after a beta test.

60 bosses feels like much? :)
Well the first boss should go down like a airplain loosing all the fuel in a blink when in air haha.

The further you get the harder, the longer you fight, so 60 bosses isn't too much.
Anyways, I can't say Im 100% sure it is, but that'll the beta version answeres maybe? =D

smash tv? heeh..

I must say all the abilities is also done but this time on paper I'm just going to make em alive in the WE.

Every ability is almost triggered because every ability is supposed to sooner or later as/or direct hit every player in gameplay.

I wouldn't mind adding a sheep and a Squid later since I have comedy aswell, if you see the 600 items.
Can give one peek at 3 item NAMEs.

*Christmas Turkey of Repentence
*Happy Priestess's Medicine of Green Branch's
*Slayer's Mace of Doom and Compassion

The items would be giving damage, health, armor and such as any other item.
But I'm sick of the concept to have
Gloves, weapons, helmets.
Just give me a bunch of random item giving the same shit.
Later on if this map would be something of a "fly", people would be funny looking saying, oh! can't wait for boss 43 when I can buy Slayer's Mace of Doom and Compassion, it's awesome for my hero class.

By the way, there is 30 different hero classes.
and all heroes got somewhat nice names like
Roy Steele

:)

Level 5
Hmmmmm... What happened to that nice little project progress bar you had in your sig?

Boss Mod Signature (Basic).jpg

Yes and 10 items are brought to you every fight, choose one for every fight, and they are built from the fight itself.
It's simple nothing to think about, kill a boss, 10 new items to choose from, choose one and keep fighting a new exciting, uniqe and cool fight. :)

Level 5
View attachment 44409

Yes, that sig was uber-ownage. In other, more normal words: It was really nice.

And do you mean that every little fight will be a special triggered one? Not just a big guy that pops up and starts smashing your face, and then you have to kill him by smashing his face in return?

Level 5
Yes, that sig was uber-ownage. In other, more normal words: It was really nice.

And do you mean that every little fight will be a special triggered one? Not just a big guy that pops up and starts smashing your face, and then you have to kill him by smashing his face in return?

Êxactly, the boss isn't about how much dmg he does, its more about getting his hp down to zero and still survive every special uniqe ability he has.

So when it comes to the fights its all about the bosses abilities.
at hard they have 3 uniqe ones, and every boss all of em, has different uniqe abilities, and either the ability contribute to the boss or does something bad to ALL players at once. or goes from one to another player under a small amount of time.

So at a hard difficulty you will probably need different tactics and a good teamplay.
at normal not so much, more team play and a less strategic, so its more of a practise to become a good team, and at easy its more of smash smash and avoid the one ability every boss has. which will get still hard or not so much.
And items there is 10 items per boss. a total of 600 items.
for example easy mode you can't choose 1 out of 10 items, you can chose 1 out of 6 items.
Normal, 1 out of 8 and hard 1 out of 10.

So it's all about having fun, its very easy spells, low health at bosses at the beginning, but the further you get the difficulty and spells get more complex in a quite rapid speed.

And at hard your hero should be having an amoun t of maybe 200k health, 30-60k damage at the last levels.
and have a good healer and a tank.
Everything moves quickly so it goes from easy and fun to hard and complex in a quite rapid speed, and its very dependant on the mode (easy, normal, hard).

Ultimatley, are you real skilled awesome player?
I'll give you a lift to be that, and then I'll let you continue on your own.
And in the end, its all about how good you are at this game, because in a hard mode you want experienced players and good teamplay.

Because as said in hard mode you get cooler, better items and you'll get to see cooler, more complex and AWESOME spells comming from that BIG HUGE Ramping Monster! Don't you want to become that GREAT AWESOME slayer player!? :eek:

Level 5
Yes a double post, after a few days, but this is my thread about this map and here comes a bump and an update :)

a WIP.
Remember this is a WIP ( Work In Progress )
What the outcome will look like is not offical, if you like this one, you'll probably love the final look.

So this is one part, and a WIP. :)
Happy watching. :mwahaha:

Boss Mod Square Forest WIP.jpg

what do YOU think? :)

// As I've mentioned, this map has 6 different squares like this one.
All in different themes, and here you will fight a total of 10 bosses at different points of time in the map.
You will spend a lot of epic and fun fight in there.

Level 5
I don't want to show off the WIP's in a original state yet :)
Keep that to the mysteri.

I was thinking of "destroying" it even more to not show much of it.
I don't like to show of too much WIPs because I like to keep a distance from the public til' the map is actually playable.

Whats added to the original pic is actually just some shadowing making the pic less light, and some gloom/glow effect.
If you don't want to critiqe or comment anything but "please remove retouch" don't write because, this is what you get.
You'll have to wait til' the map get's further in, this is just 7% out of 100% of the terrain.

Level 8
What kind of Heros (almean Gladiators) will be there? Almean how many different Kind? will they revive after each "round?" Hope I'm not misunderstanding the whole concept.

Level 5
There are 30 heroes, all different kinds.
I can tell you 5 of them just because I'm a nice person :lol:
Note that no heroes in game is called after their class, they are named with asian names as for class and then have a normal name like Roy Steele.
When choosing a hero you can read what kind of class he is in the description, like for example:
Roy Steele, Drio-Gyom a Enchanting Rogue.
Fights with different types of enchantings for a short amount of time.

Here is 5 classes from my map for you to understand and see just what kind there is. The creativity level of my map, heroes, bosses, abilities, items is at a extreme level. Passion.
*Magic Summoner
A caster which has various summon abilities.
*Druid
A caster which has various transform abilities.
*Sacrifice Warrior
A melee warrior with various heavy attacks, abilities cost not only mana, but health from the Sacrifice Warrior, this warriors abilities is slighty stronger than normal abilities.
*Warrior
A melee warrior with heavy survival abilities.
*Channeler
A caster with various channeling spells.

I will not reveal yet any of the spells, only what type. :wink:
Note these examples are just examples, it is not taken from the game itself but the class and type of spells, the tooltip does not look like this.

Easy mode, 30second revive if a class with a healing ability accepts (costs mana to revive)
Normal mode, 45seconds
Hard mode, 60seconds

As one dies any class that has at least one ability that can heal can sacrifice 1x ability cast to revive a dying team member.

"1x ability cast!?"
Yeah, all heroes has 4 abilities each at all modes.
Tho at easy mode they can cast a total of 12x casts. if they want every spell 4x times. After you have made 12 casts you mana is depleted if you don't got a mana potion. which isn't too easy to get your hands on.

Normal mode, 9x casts
Hard mode, 4x casts

Level 5
Sounds interesting.

Btw when I tried to add rep to you I sorta failed to write a comment as to why I did it (I accidentally pressed enter instead of backstage xD)

Status
Not open for further replies.