• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Will a zombie apocolypse occur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Will a zombie apocalypse occur?

Zombie Apocalypse Ideas

My Own Idea

I think if one does happen, I doubt it will be nanobots like they said, but instead a fungi will evolve to take control of humans, make them wander on top of buildings, where they die and then the fungi grows out of their corpse and spreads to the wind, thereby infecting more people.

/runon

What do you think?

Last edited:
Level 7
Not zombies, but people learn how to control insects, in future they will know how to control human brain. But zombies don't have brain activity, they parasited by viruses and viruses think for them. :p

Well, maybe we all will have robo-humans :p

Level 11
Wikipedia never lies:

untitled2-1.jpg

Level 13
by the local villagers who else

and wiki dose not lie even if there som1 adding words in the wrong wiki section

There are some fungus that can controls simple's bugs brains like ants, etc.
Example: Theres a fungus who births inside a slug's stomach. So, an ant eat the slug's shit infected by the fungus. The fungus controls the ant, and make she goes into high grass so it the ant can get eatten by a cow or a bird. The fungus get inside the stomach of the animal who eats the ant, and parasites him. lol.

But the human brain is milions of times more complex than an ant's brain. So, I really doubt about these things.

There are a variety of viruses, bacteria, fungi, and parasites in the world that can either completely take control of a host's brain, or change how the host behaves. (Some possibilities include: reduction of intelligence to a minimum forcing host to function on primal instinct, "immunity" to pain, inhuman endurance, increased violence, and/or uncontrollable cravings for human flesh, etc. etc.). Perhaps the most plausible cause of a "zombie" infection would be the rabies virus, seeing how it already cause zombie-like behavior in those infected by it, and the virus is passed through saliva and bodily fluids. The only problem with the rabies theory is that the infected individual only begins to show symptoms 18 days to a month(in most cases) after infection, and they die shortly afterwards.

Though the possibility for a "zombie" outbreak is definitely there, I highly doubt infection rates would get high enough to cause significant concern. There could be an infection here and there, but each one would be over in a few days seeing as the "zombie" would not get very far, and would be disposed of when it tries to attack an armed person.
A real problem arises when an infection occurs in a small, undeveloped area, like a village or rural community. The entire town could potentially be infected without anyone in surrounding towns knowing. But the outbreak would probably be stopped when it spreads beyond a town or two, when a heavy police would be sent to meet them.

Taking all this into account, one of the big problem I see occurring if there is an infection is the populaces refusal to believe that the person is indeed infected. Police would try to arrest the person at first, and a few officers would have to be bittern before violent force is used. It would also be hard to distinguished who is actually infected. The civilians and law enforcement would see the infected person as merely an overly violent person, and perhaps a drug addict.

In my opinion, a full scale zombie apocalypse will never happen. But if it does... us zombie slayers will be ready for it.

Level 12
There are a variety of viruses, bacteria, fungi, and parasites in the world that can either completely take control of a host's brain, or change how the host behaves. (Some possibilities include: reduction of intelligence to a minimum forcing host to function on primal instinct, "immunity" to pain, inhuman endurance, increased violence, and/or uncontrollable cravings for human flesh, etc. etc.). Perhaps the most plausible cause of a "zombie" infection would be the rabies virus, seeing how it already cause zombie-like behavior in those infected by it, and the virus is passed through saliva and bodily fluids. The only problem with the rabies theory is that the infected individual only begins to show symptoms 18 days to a month(in most cases) after infection, and they die shortly afterwards.

Though the possibility for a "zombie" outbreak is definitely there, I highly doubt infection rates would get high enough to cause significant concern. There could be an infection here and there, but each one would be over in a few days seeing as the "zombie" would not get very far, and would be disposed of when it tries to attack an armed person.
A real problem arises when an infection occurs in a small, undeveloped area, like a village or rural community. The entire town could potentially be infected without anyone in surrounding towns knowing. But the outbreak would probably be stopped when it spreads beyond a town or two, when a heavy police would be sent to meet them.

Taking all this into account, one of the big problem I see occurring if there is an infection is the populaces refusal to believe that the person is indeed infected. Police would try to arrest the person at first, and a few officers would have to be bittern before violent force is used. It would also be hard to distinguished who is actually infected. The civilians and law enforcement would see the infected person as merely an overly violent person, and perhaps a drug addict.

In my opinion, a full scale zombie apocalypse will never happen. But if it does... us zombie slayers will be ready for it.

As you said yourself, rabies doesn't spread that effectively because the host dies shortly after showing symptoms. That's why I think a fungus is the most likely cause of a zombie apocalypse. How do you stop spores floating through the air? Unless everybody wears gas masks, you're likely to get infected.

I'll start the zombie apocalypse!!!! But if i do not, probably there is no way to happen one, rabies kill the host even before he shows any symptoms, and will be hard for a fungus to become evolved enough to control a human brain, and alfterall, mad peoples afected by fungus or rabies aren't truly someone who you can call a zombie. Let me remind you that zombie is someone that has already died and for some reason wakes up, and i'm sure that there is nothing that can makes dead people rise.

Level 13
Uhuh?

There are many this and thats in the sea right? And not all creatures have been seen, named, etc. So how do you know when you put your feet in the ocean and you don't get infected by a small parasite who travels to your organs multiply and then take over the body, I know that will take a while. But still. There's a possibilty? Right?

Another possibility is, The pandemic, Some kind of punishment some being, Sent to the human race for their sins and what not. Alot of people ( Religous mostly ) in our town talk about it and i really, really hope it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.