• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why they don't know what is art?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Why they don't know what is art? S**T!! I hate DotA's Forum members!! Damn hate! Damn it! Keep take other artist's resources as their own work. (have some of it from Hive Workshop)

They like tinted more than a skin... Are they mad? I being pissed by them a lot of time... I hate DotA. Thats all.

This is the last comment given them.

:ogre_frown::ogre_frown::ogre_frown:

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
or even better, try this:

1. Think of what you said (u hate dota)
2. Think of what you have done (made an account for forums, and made a skin for it)
3. Isn't it a fail?

Level 16
From the PlayDota.com forum. Check the link to see original.

T-D.

1. 0 kb MSI > 15 kb MSI

2. Low quality sucks especially for high spec comp users like me. That's why some old games like Starcraft I makes me want to vomit when play it.

3. Ugly.

Reply your answer:

1. Nothing to say about this.

2. Is you guys arguing with the file size, and you guys like black tinted Firelord. Why it wanted to be low quality? Because there is no more space in multiplayer map. Firelord original texture resolution is 512x512. The file size sure huge or big. If you like to play high end game why don't you just play HoN or some High-end multiplayer game? Still play DotA then? Warcraft III engine is like this. Not like what you thought in Crysis II with CryENGINE®3 something like that. Because Warcraft III is still an old and classic games that popular to play.
You are abusing the specs you using! How good at your spec, the game is this kind of quality, it won't be different.

3. You want it nice, You must pay for the file size!

Is there a true concept of Nevermore visual appearance? If really have could you show me?

And, you don't like it please don't come here post some useless words. At least you should give some suggestions to them, not complaining the suggestion made by others.

Don't forget you're a Forum Staff, you should know what your jobs here!
Mr. Staff NoThlng!

An epic wall of scolding words! Feel happy when reply this. The Forum Staff still haven't reply yet. So excited to wait. :ogre_haosis:

Level 7
Mmmm, I don't get it. Attacking a demographic of another forum based on an incredibly small sample? Based on what I read the OP was being unrealistic and pushing his opinion down there throats, so they retaliated, some politely, others impolitely.

Am I missing something here... Are we still hating all things DotA for the sake of it?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I do not understand what you mean. Most WC4 projects are using the SC2 engine which uses a totally different render pipeline from WC3. Blizzard is not doing a WC4 at the moment. Editors like Warcraft model viewer do attempt to emulate WC3's graphic pipeline as close as possible but due to the lack of source code, variations do exist especially with how certain material types are treated.

Level 30
oh zadelim!, I love your Firelord concepts and the way you made the skin, yeh what I saw at the Dota Forums is pretty harsh, well some of them. and to think that your right since I believe either one of them or all of them are just kids who doesn't understand art or the effect of implementing something different, I mean come on! a Firelord with a black geoset? that's stupid! it would be great if they accepted your work as a priority for the upcoming changes for nevermore but they didn't. anyways don't bother them anymore. if they suck, they really suck, mind if you want me to beat them in DotA? I'm a bad-ass pro if you ask me :cgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.