• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Why item requirment isn't working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I made an item, and in "Techtree - requirments" I put two hero uunits(only they can buy it), but when I test - when I hover over the item it doesn't require these units. So I removed one of the heroes requirment to see if it's a bug, but no. Still I can buy the item. How to fix this? Is there a trick here?

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
It did work for me. Just tries it. I added to staff of snactuary the requirements paladin and bloodmage and I needed both heroes alive to be able to buy the item.
Maybe your problem is that the requirements refer not to the buying player, but to the owner of the shop.
For example town portal:
You can buy it if the owner of the shop has at least tier 2.
However if you buy it from goblin shop, you can always buy it.

So if your shop is owned by neutral the requirements will be ignored.
If the shop is owned by a player, this player has to have these heroes.

I tried to change selling unit's owner to an ally, then to me, then tried to put on him Select Hero, Shop Sharing, Shop Purchase Item - nothing! No requirment!

EDIT: Hmm, this is weird. Only if a unit is building appears "items made" and that's what makes it have requirment.

Last edited:

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
That's probably the problem. The standard shops use items made and have requirements based on the shop owner. Neutral shops use items sold and ignore requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.