• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where this will be stoped ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hi everyone
I wasnt here for a long time because I was playing Diablo2 lod (*pins008 european server :wink: )
But something happens.
A friend had just bought Jah rune and Ber rune (for the unknowers of d2, these runes can make a cool runeword, enigma, its very expensive in the game money). The probleme is that he bought them on Larzuk.com for the price of 17€. But not game money, real money...
He loose 17€ to a virtual object, I really dont understand him. What do you think about that ? Do you think it's normal to buy VIRTUAL thing with TRUE money ?
I confess that im a bit 'dazed and confused' (led zeppelin) by what he tells to me... And the worst thing it than he was happy of his bought !!!
And he's not alone I asked some people who admit than they've also bought some virtual objects on sites like Larzuk.com.
I find this absolutely incredible and i dunno which kind of geek can buy on these sites !!
Please answer and tell me what you think.

Level 13
Some time ago (I'm also playing Diablo), being sick of never finding any good items, I visited a site where you could buy items. "2 Euros for Que Hegan, that's not much money...stop. What the hell am I doing?" With all this advertising always telling you super equip for only 1 $, some guys can easily fall for this. I don't wanna judge other guys, but for me it's a sign that you spend too much time with a game. In my opinion you should tell your friend that he should start thinking about his life and if he really needs that stuff. The other point why I don't like it:
More guys buying any items or else for Diablo -> More spambots that advertise in the game.

And this can only strengthen the idea to create online-games where you can buy better equip with real money (e.g. in EQ2, someone already had that idea)

Level 21
Yes its a trap when you can fal leasily if you take too much time on these games. I read than someone had made worse : he bought a virtual country for more than 20000€ ! that's some kinf of alarm signal, games arent meant to go that far. I'm totally against mmorpg like everquest or wow(!) because they crossed the limit between two opposate worlds : the virtual and the true one...

seems i have alot of flaming to do....
i know it's alot different, but this seems to get into the subject of even paying for anything virtual. such as WoW.
im not that stupid to pay 20 bucks (i'd use the dollar sign but i see Pins is european) for some item in WoW (i've been gone so long it's hard to think of something worth 20 bucks :roll: ), but i am willing to pay subscription fees for a game that seems worth it.

could someone give me a PM explaining all that happened while i was out? i see Darky's back (*muffled yay*), and lorothrigs has had fun... spamming.... i'll check out his posts in detail later...

yeah....just my opinion.

Level 9
thats why i play p2p MMO games in pirate servers. no fees (mostly) and no real money for something that makes part of fantasy

im neither a rich guy to spend money like that (imagine converting my country's money for Dollars or Euros!!!) nor a fanatic, that lives more in the fantasy world than the real one, the one which you feel, see, and touch

life is beyond computers ¬¬ (at least for this century, who can guess the future?)

ppl who lives in cyber worlds are mostly ppl frustrated with the real one, with the TRUE ONE. your friend needs help...

Level 22
Actually, on pay to play games that has actually become court cases. The normal arguement is that those digi-items are just packets of data created by a server, but some lawyers who have taken the sides of those who got ripped off paying real money for digi-items is that people are investing REAL time and REAL money obtaining them in game (RE:pay-to-play games) and that consumers SOULD have property rights over those packets of data. heh...sounds good to me.

And in other news. the first person killed as a result of someone selling someone else's digi-sword occured last week in China. Watch your back, online RPGers! :wink:
-VGsatomi

Level 12
Ah, that has never surprised me. In fact, a cousin told me about a friend who had a few Diablo II copies (with multiple CD-Keys) and began playing the casual (tsk, tsk.) Whenever he found a good item worth selling, he would place for an auction on ebay and actually earn money. He kept on doing it till he earned his college scholarship (and I don't think he stopped there.)

In WoW, I'd actually like to take advantage of a geek with rare items and earn another membership of WoW. =P

Likewise, I don't blame you. Games just aren't what they were 15 years ago. *sigh*

Let's not attack the MMMORPGs for giving the idea. Instead, attack all the geeks who came up with it. *looks around for internet geeks*

Level 10
SeaGull1723 said:
Ah, that has never surprised me. In fact, a cousin told me about a friend who had a few Diablo II copies (with multiple CD-Keys) and began playing the casual (tsk, tsk.) Whenever he found a good item worth selling, he would place for an auction on ebay and actually earn money. He kept on doing it till he earned his college scholarship (and I don't think he stopped there.)

In WoW, I'd actually like to take advantage of a geek with rare items and earn another membership of WoW. =P

Likewise, I don't blame you. Games just aren't what they were 15 years ago. *sigh*

Let's not attack the MMMORPGs for giving the idea. Instead, attack all the geeks who came up with it. *looks around for internet geeks*

define "internet geeks"...

Level 10
ah thank you for posting this pins.
when i first heaard WOW was coming out i couldnt wait
but when i heard u had to pay for it, i laughed and thought that no one would pay 20 bucks a month for a game.....
i was hella wrong

if u ask me, once u buy the game, you should be able to put away ur wallet.

EDIT: i just wanted to add that people who pay for WOW and think that paying for items on d2 or any game, are HUGE hipocrites (sorry i cant spell that lol)

Level 9
i dont think Blizzard would make a huge investiment like that if they werent 90% sure it would be a hell success

with more than 6 billion ppl in this world, there are many sick ppl out there, i DONT MEAN everyone who plays p2p WoW is a sick, a minority of those who plays WoW are just normal ppl (adults in majority) who works a whole month, win their OWN money and do WANT to waste it with something they like to do

unfortunately this minority is kind of blind, better saying, "conservatory". they still got some pre-concepts with free pirate servers, who offers the same fun (or more) for no price

Status
Not open for further replies.