• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Where are you brothers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
He was a liar. He said he destroyed human kingdoms... And yet it turns out only Lordearon was destroyed and everyone else was just forgotten.
Well acutally he destroyed Lordaeron and Dalaran, but there really werent any other human kingdoms, because Stormwind was still in ruins at that time so no Arathor kingdom. Well Kul Tiras is still not even in the game, Alterac kingdom was destroyed in the second war already and Gilneas was pretty much forgotten.

Level 21
Stormwind isn't Arathor (the historical unified human kingdom) and it was rebuilt at that time, Stromgrade still existed, Gillneas still existed, Kul Tiras was in Wc3 and Alterac doesn't count as it didn't exist as independent nation at that time. Dalaran is really more like a city state anyway. The way Archimonde implied he destroyed humanity but Lordearon was already in ruins thanks to Scourge alone and only Dalaran did he destroy himself.

Level 21
Well Worgen are really just humans from the East now aren't they. Night Elves for me will always remain their own faction. Draenei complicated subject. Hey to be fair we are in Warcraft III sub forum so Sentinels are still independent, Worgen are still non existent and Draenei are still not retconed. It isn't like WoW is using them properly anyway, it is all about Stormwind in WoW Alliance...

Anyway honestly the best alliance was Lordearon Alliance. Who really likes Stormwind?

Level 5
There is so much gap between WoW and WarCraft 3 for me... I only played up to Cataclysm I believe...
But from what I remember, I think there were some early forms of the Draenei in the earlier WarCraft franchise. They were some creep or something that didn't evolve to the newer versions of the Draenei, and when the Draenei came back, the new genetic versions of them were presented?
I could be wrong, it just seems like the species were never clearly introduced into the game. It just doesn't make much sense really. They compared the creeps with the Draenei as if they originated from there and just continued to get stronger and stronger from their other areas.

Level 21
History of Draenei (real world perspective, not lore)

Warcraft 1: Extinct and never named.
Warcraft 2: Extinct, first time we learn the name.
Warcraft 3 TFT: First appearance, presented as guerrilla warriors of dying race.
WoW Classic: Same as TFT, some Draenei migrated to Azeroth.
WoW TBC: Complete retcon. Draenei are suddenly same as Eredar, take the role of the know it all race of the expansion. We have Eredar, Draenei, Broken and Lost Ones.
post TBC: Pointless
WoW WoD: Blizzard remembers Draenei exist.

Level 9
History of Draenei (real world perspective, not lore)

Warcraft 3 TFT: First appearance, presented as guerrilla warriors of dying race.
WoW TBC: Complete retcon. Draenei are suddenly same as Eredar, take the role of the know it all race of the expansion. We have Eredar, Draenei, Broken and Lost Ones.
post TBC: Pointless
WoW WoD: Blizzard remembers Draenei exist.
Eredar is the Draenei.

Level 21
It seems you still don't understand.

As you can see before Burning Crusade 'Eredar and Draenei were not same". My whole point was to show the real life progress of draenei lore and the crowning example of retcon in warcraft history. When the Expansion was released, the Draenei retcon represented the largest retcon in warcraft gaming history.

The severity of the retcon was lowered with each expansion and also since Dranei became useless after TBC and weren't salvaged until current expansion finally. But I don't forget and I still remember the lore of Warcraft 2 and 3 without influence of WoW and Novels. Retcons plague Warcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.