• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What do when my trigger not firing, I use display messages and nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Help my trigger is not firing. I use display messages. How fire this trigger every time. I use run this trigger action and nothing.
  • TRIGGER BOOM
    • Events
      • Destructible - A destructible within (Playable map area) dies
    • Conditions
      • (Destructible-type of (Dying destructible)) Equal to Barrel of Explosives
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Run (This trigger) (checking conditions)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 1
      • Set VariableSet BOOM = (Position of (Dying destructible))
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 2
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 250.00 of BOOM and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Barrel of Explosives
            • Then - Actions
              • Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 3
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 250.00 of BOOM.) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 2000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BOOM)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 4
  • TRIGGER BOOM Copy
    • Events
      • Destructible - A destructible within (Playable map area) dies
    • Conditions
      • (Destructible-type of (Dying destructible)) Equal to Golden Barrel Of Explosives
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Run (This trigger) (checking conditions)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 1
      • Set VariableSet BOOM1 = (Position of (Dying destructible))
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 2
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 250.00 of BOOM1 and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Golden Barrel Of Explosives
            • Then - Actions
              • Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 3
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 250.00 of BOOM1.) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 6666.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BOOM1)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 4
This is two triggers and this is not firing!

Last edited:
If you have more than 64 destructables in area, it will run in to trouble (most often not fire the trigger).
There are known solutions such as on-map-init adding event to the destructables as detailed in this thread:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You posted a thread about this before and multiple people provided you with an answer. I also provided you with a test map.

Level 6
If you have more than 64 destructables in area, it will run in to trouble (most often not fire the trigger).
There are known solutions such as on-map-init adding event to the destructables as detailed in this thread:
Thank you ThompZon now my triggers is correct! Thank you for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.