• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What could cause this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
So, recently, I got a new computer and I love it, regardless of the fact I had no choice in the matter (present).

But there is currently one problem I have with it. Every time I start a game, normally 15 mins or when something changes rapidly, the game starts to lag horribly. Now, I know it's not the game, since I've tried 4 different games, and only 3 work properly (Warcraft, Portal, and Alien Swarm don't, Spore does)

My computer is a HP Pavilion dv7 with Windows 7 home Premium. Anything that could be causing this?

Level 34
Wait, so Warcraft, Portal, and Alien Swarm, all work properly, and spore is the one that lags?

Level 34
It said it couldn't find a driver for 64 bit... you'll have to find the driver yourself then.

Level 22
Well 64-Bit causes graphic problems like your screen is 3/4, so you'll have to edit the registry to change resolution, but 1st of all you'll need to find the drivers.

You can try to use Driver Genius, it can update your stuff, but you'll have to torrent it as I'm sure you don't want to pay.

I won't give link as it's against the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.