• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] WC3: TFT - Mod Computer AI to Use Boats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
One thing that bugs me about the computer AI in TFT is that it will not use boats. I am happy with the AI otherwise.

How can I keep the AI as it is, except add something that would make the computer buy and use boats as necessary in melee maps? Is it possible to do this? Has someone already done it?

I am familiar with the map editor, but I have never edited AI. If not possible with the AI editor, would getting the computer to buy boats and use them need to be some kind of trigger event? If someone could point me in the correct direction or offer any tips, I would be grateful.

Thanks

Level 6
I haven't seen any commands for that in common.ai. I think the AI scripts have no way to buy boats at all. They can buy zeppelins though, through PurchaseZeppelin function call.

You need to use triggers to buy and load boats. You can't incorporate that behavior into a regular AI script, though.

Level 3
I thing computer can use Boats, but ther is problem with building boats, I created AI with was building boats, but computer builded shipyard on the land, and when he tryed to build ship I saw error: ther is no free space to bild ship (or something like that).

I thing computer can build ships, but he can`t build shipyard on the water, also I don`t know if he will use ships

Level 2
Yes there is no func like purchaseboot;

is it possible to create a new native ai func with jass???

Level 2
Natives can't be created for that (and besides, I think PurchaseZeppelin does not really work, it buys Zeppelins with and without it) since natives are hard coded functions but what you can do is use the natives from common.j to order your units to buy boats.

Status
Not open for further replies.