• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Water elemental vertex coloring fixed?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I remember when I first got Warcraft III, I was frustrated and confused that the Water Elemental unit's red vertex coloring value only worked on its bracers for some reason—If you changed the red value to 0, it would just change its bracers black if you were Player 1 (Red). But I tested it today and realized that that problem no longer exists. You can tint the entire elemental red with no problem! There is still a weird issue where the bracers directly reflect the vertex coloring values (i.e., if you're player blue and set the blue values to 0, it'll be a greenish yellow elemental with black bracers, but player red would have the red bracers visible), but the water elemental itself is affected by red now.

Is this something with one of the new patches? Or am I just insane with false memories? Does anyone else remember that weird issue and know when it was fixed?

Red%20worter_zpsypprn2tk.png

Level 11
I don't remember either way about the water elemental, but something changing isn't impossible. They updated the graphics engine to be a bit more modern, and it may have fixed strange bugs like that (and probably introduced some new ones).

Status
Not open for further replies.