• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Warcraft Strike

Hello, this is a Warcraft 3 Counter Strike map that I am in progress of making, It has custom Counter Strike Models, that includes the characters and weapons, And yes on the Loading Screen, Thoes are the character models.

Systems:
First Person Camera
Control & Movement system
Attachment System [Guns]
Hostage Rescue System
Win and Lose Game System
Buy Weapon System
Get Money on Win
Lose money on Hostage Kill
Kills/Deaths MultiBoard

Map Progress

Models

IIIIIIIIII - 80%
Systems

IIIIIIIIII - 60%
Units

IIIIIIIIII - 100%
Control

IIIIIIIIII - 90%
I gots:
Terrainer: The World Is Flat

FeedBackers: Most of the people who view my thread ^.^

I need:
Iconer:
I just need and Icon for all of thoes characters.

Modeler (Only a bit):
To make a counter strike knife, and some new guns, I only have the actually counter strike ones.

Counter Strike Nerd =]:
To give me more ideas how to make it more Cs likeish.

Shooting type poll: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/warcraft-strike-poll-134319/

Attachments

• CSWc3.JPG
    CSWc3.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 230
  • weapons.JPG
    weapons.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 215
  • Warcraft Strike Demo (P).w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Level 7
Cool! Awesome looking map 0_o
Where did you get those CS models? They look so freaking awesome ;D

Also, can you give some weapon examples? Would be really awesome :)

I just photo printed all the weapons off of my war3modeleditor onto paint, this is prove that I have weapons, and for noobs that don't believe that thoes are real models, think about it... Why would I waste time looking all weapons up with their name and than render them? That would take me like 6 hours =D

Level 9
Great models, did u rip them from CS?
Anyways +rep for the idea, hopefully it turns out good.

Level 7
They aren't ripped, I have no clue how to export files from games and make them go into warcraft, if I did i'd have sooo many good models.... Look closely to them and compare them to Counter Strike originals, there is a lot of differences.

looks nice, the models as well.
do you mind if the icons of the characters are copy'n'paste? if not, then I could make it for you.

/Attachments: the icons without btn and a winrar file, with the BTN and DISBTN.

Attachments

• CT1.jpg
    CT1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 169
  • CT2.jpg
    CT2.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 142
  • CT3.jpg
    CT3.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 145
  • CT4.jpg
    CT4.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 124
  • T1.jpg
    T1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 187
  • T2.jpg
    T2.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 144
  • T3.jpg
    T3.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 131
  • T4.jpg
    T4.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 169
  • CounterStrike BTN.rar
    44.9 KB · Views: 44
Level 11
Dude, I dont wana harass you but Hurry up with this game lol. At least the beta, Id love to try this shit out. War3 counter strike lmao. Thats epic.

Level 2
I downloaded the demo map and tried it out. I've never played a first-person WC3 map so it was pretty cool and interesting.

However, some stuff that I think needs work (in my humble opinion):
  • The movement system is hard to use with precision. I imagine that the game is supposed to be played in the heat of gunfire. The player's turning accelerates and gets too fast and the camera doesn't turn at the same speed.
  • The gunfire is too clunky. In CS, you could fire a semi-automatic pistol as fast as you could click your mouse. In your map, I was spamming my "A" key but the rate of fire was limited by the engine or your coding, I'm not sure which.
  • I couldn't open the crates with new weapons. Maybe you just haven't implemented that yet?

I'm interested in seeing where this goes, though. CS (both 1.5 and 1.6) was one of my favorite games of all time.

Level 7
thx, I'll be working on what u said ^.^, the crates dont work yet because I haven't applied them yet. And I just changed the cooldown to 0 so u can spam the shots.

Also added a CS Assult camera version of WS Demo. The shooting thing is like CSAssult too. Except its a spell, dont use the shoot. use the spell on the bottom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.