• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warcraft map that should have been a retail game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
What Warcraft maps should have been a real game in your opinion?
For me: Solar Conquest, The Kingdom of Kaliron and To the Bitter End Campaign

Oops, Should have been in the Off-Topic forum

Level 22
DotA! ... wait

Yes absolutely seriously, since this is the game for which they made prizes and tournaments, tc tc dota haters.

And it has the retail - HoN and some other name, I lol@both. Dota is the original game and screw HoN. All these clones can die and they money out of it for the little better graphics. Note: I'm not a Dotaer, I dont care about it, I just see it deserves some respect for the success.

Level 11
Yes absolutely seriously, since this is the game for which they made prizes and tournaments, tc tc dota haters.

And it has the retail - HoN and some other name, I lol@both. Dota is the original game and screw HoN. All these clones can die and they money out of it for the little better graphics. Note: I'm not a Dotaer, I dont care about it, I just see it deserves some respect for the success.

Yeah, screw HoN. League of Legends in otherhand...
People say that HoN is Dota II, that's not true. HoN is copy 'n paste from Dota.
League of Legends is Dota II.

Level 19
I'd love to see great Tower Defenses (Element TD, Gem TD, etc.), Guess The Murder Games (Parasite, Murder In The Mansion, etc.), Lore Games (Dark Ages Of Warcraft, Coming Of The Horde, Legends of the Second War, etc.) and such, they seem rather decent.

Level 6
Yeah, screw HoN. League of Legends in otherhand...
People say that HoN is Dota II, that's not true. HoN is copy 'n paste from Dota.
League of Legends is Dota II.

LoL is lol. It is waay too cartoonish for me. Sorry, but ima have to stick with HoN ^^.

Level 22
Heart of Storms. It hasn't even been released yet, and I can already tell. :eek:

And it has the retail - HoN and some other name, I lol@both. Dota is the original game and screw HoN. All these clones can die and they money out of it for the little better graphics.

That's pretty funny, seeing as how DotA is a clone as well.

Level 17
LoL and DotA are completely different. Don't ever compare them.
If by completely different you mean nigh indistinguishable.

The most important being the brush system that they have that revolutionized ganking in an aos.
Not really, no. Despite the freedom of being a stand-alone game, League of Legends has revolutionized the Aeon of Strife genre less than some Warcraft 3 maps have.

Level 15
Seeing as how you completely ignore my comment about the brush system, which I have never seen in any other "AoS", I come to the conclusion that you haven't played LoL, and/or, you agree with my statement and therefore it is true.

Therefore, because you agree with my statement, it is true, unless you consider yourself false and me right.

LoL and DotA are completely different. Don't ever compare them.

LoL's gameplay is completely different for a plethora of reasons. The most important being the brush system that they have that revolutionized ganking in an aos.

but they still both have AoS based gameplay so still they can be compared based on that... +even the creators said that it was based on DotA so they can always be compared...

and comparing two games don't mean that they are the same... comparisons have both the similarities and differences of the compared objects...

I can agree that LoL is different from DotA or any other AoS but I dont think it is completely different coz they still have similarities...

PS: all I wanted to say was, remove the word "completely" :goblin_boom:

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Dota could just move out of warcraft as a standalone game, so other maps could also get attension.

I'm tired of waiting several minutes to get a game starting when I do version testings.... it sucks when other maps sucks out all the space on map list and so many hostbots exists on bnet that it's practically impossible to host games.

Level 17
Seeing as how you completely ignore my comment about the brush system, which I have never seen in any other "AoS"
A pseudo-stealth system is not innovative at all.

Therefore, because you agree with my statement, it is true, unless you consider yourself false and me right.
My position doesn't determine your statement's validity.

Level 19
You've gotta admit, Space Command wasn't so bad either, in fact it was a really fun game when it was hosted constantly, I just wish'd people would host it more.

Now what's the name of that Gundam Map you were saying again? And if possible, please do give us the link:)

Level 4
You've gotta admit, Space Command wasn't so bad either, in fact it was a really fun game when it was hosted constantly, I just wish'd people would host it more.

Now what's the name of that Gundam Map you were saying again? And if possible, please do give us the link:)

Sure thing! ;-)
It is in Chinese, so good luck with menus, but when the action starts... epic.
May be a little weird to set up AI players, I don't know what slot you have to put them into.
EDIT: Urgh, the Pastebin takes forever. I'll upload it somewhere else later.
Also, this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.