• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarCraft III - Spikes/Lags Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
WarCraft III - Spikes/Lags Problems

Hello, people from HiveWorkshop. I won't waste time talking so I'll go straight to the subject:
Usually, I start my PC, connect to the InterNet and then I play WarCraft III - The Frozen Throne on Battle.Net. Everything works fine, but after 35-40 minutes since WarCraft III started, I begin to have powerful spikes/lags that moves my screen from an edge to another, making me to exit Wc3.
The thing is the map doesn't matter, as long as I play it on Multiplayer. If I play on Single Player I have no lags, but on Multiplayer the lag starts even in maps like DotA and even in stardard ladder maps.
These lags came a few months ago, when I've reinstalled my windows due to some problems with viruses.
I think it's because I miss a driver or a program or something, since when I bought the Laptop everything was working perfect, and after reinstalation it was a nightmare.

Windows Vista Home Basic
Service Pack 2

Manufacturer: Fujitsu Siemens Computers GmbH;
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU 575 @ 2.00 GHz;
Memory(RAM): 1.00 GB
System Tipe: 32-Bit Operating System

Internet Info:
Ping: 17;
Ping in Wc3: 23;
Download Speed: 5.21Mb/s;
Upload Speed: 0.42Mb/s

Please post any suggestions how to fix this problem.

Please, I don't want to hear replies like this:
+ Everything works perfect for me . . . ;
+ I don't have any problems . . . ;
+ My computer has . . . . ;

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    37.6 KB · Views: 791
Last edited:
Level 9
Ehh . . . did that . . . installed something (don't ask what 'cuz I don't know) but it didn't change anything.
And I'm pretty sure it's something with the software, since my PC is new and there is no way it couldn't broke so fast. +Mom won't let me get the PC to repair only for warcraft.
Any other suggestions?

Level 9
Alright, I have fixed the strange lags by installing Windows XP, but now I have another problem: DELAY

I have strange delay which comes in waves (every 2 second delay that lasts 2-3 seconds).
I have this problem in both Single Player and Multiplayer but only in WarCraft III (Even thought I haven't tried other games) and it makes my gameplay worse that the previous lag.

The thing is that when it does the delay, the game doesn't "pause", but continues without doing my command or doing it very slow.

This takes place on single player, on B.net channels, on games, everywhere.

When I write (while it's delay) the word tipes very slowly with 2-3 seconds delay and after delay is gone it returns to the normal.

Any suggestiosn?

Level 11
Alright, I have fixed the strange lags by installing Windows XP, but now I have another problem: DELAY

I have strange delay which comes in waves (every 2 second delay that lasts 2-3 seconds).
I have this problem in both Single Player and Multiplayer but only in WarCraft III (Even thought I haven't tried other games) and it makes my gameplay worse that the previous lag.

The thing is that when it does the delay, the game doesn't "pause", but continues without doing my command or doing it very slow.

This takes place on single player, on B.net channels, on games, everywhere.

When I write (while it's delay) the word tipes very slowly with 2-3 seconds delay and after delay is gone it returns to the normal.

Any suggestiosn?
Install the latest drivers for your graphic card.

Level 9
Well, I have installed all drivers that I needed, but I don't think the drivers are the problem, since everything works perfect except the games (Wc3, AoM, ScII, AoE...).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Its your memory. . .

You are running Vista with 1 GB of RAM. WC3 is leak prone and not all leaks are cleaned up after finishing a map (it likes to keep some data loaded I think so next map is faster). The result of this is you exceed your 1 GB memory so the game has to switch some data over to virtual memory. Especially if your virtual memory is fragmented, this could seriously slow your PC down to a crawl and cause major spiking as it page thrashes.

How did it work before I hear you ask? Not all the stuff vista loads is needed, although you do not care about them if your someone like my brother with 4 GB of memory. They really are nasty on low memory systems and will eat up a noticable share of your available memory.

Long term I advise installing more RAM, but looking at your other specs you might wish to consider a new laptop in the comming years.

Short term I advise terminating all unneeded processes and modules. Use taskmanager to find RAM hogging installed applications and shut them down. Make sure to close stuff like steam, windows live messanger and any sort of non needed messanger. Close all browser windows. Defragment your hard disk, this should speed up some loading opperations. Make sure your drivers are up to date for sound and graphics. Reduce your video memory to 128 MB or 64 MB as WC3 does not need 256 MB of Gram and that shared Gram might reduce your avaialble memory for wc3.

To check if its not your memory, open task manager and see if you are reaching near 100% memory usage when the major spiking starts it is definatly caused by a lack of memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.