• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft II Re-make (Mod, Garden of War)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Map:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Maps&ID=4604

[Update]
Version 2 is up. Human AI now works at least up through the castle stage. It's getting fairly close to a ground based Warcraft II authentic feel. I hope you guys feel it's going the right direction.
- modpeon
[End Update]

Hey guys. First time poster, long time listener. I'm new to the public mod thing, but have made maps for co-workers, friends, etc. I wanted to start things off with a mod re-make of Warcraft II and using Garden of War as my first submission. The map was done by Blizzard, and models for some buildings that have to good substitutes in War III by beepo and Iron_Ian found on this site. (Country Stable and Orc Sentury Tower). Thanks for the art submissions guys.

Anyway, the readme.txt file lists the known differences between this mod and the original Warcraft II. I welcome bugs and feedback. Thanks!

- modpeon

Level 5
ok umm I haven't played war 2 before but I saw stuff that just wasn't right

1.there is a problem where a timer would apear and reveal the other players and myself

2.WHY is the footmans attack lower that the peasants
(you may of meant to do that)

3.To much MONEY!!

4.fix AI

5.should be more peasants at start
(may of meant to be like that)

6.Took to long to harvest wood

ok this was a great idea for a map I was interested but not really no more

But if you fix those things I think everyone would love this map

I read the README and saw that the AI was going to be bad but ask someone to you help with it

This is my opinion other people may think different

I hope to see a fixed ver
:D

Level 2
Thanks for the feedback SirPoopsAlot. The gold usage is directly taken from Warcraft II's values. I forgot to mention in the readme that Player 1 can type ".high", ".med", ".low" in the first 7 seconds of the game to set the gold/lumber levels to classic War 2 levels.

Also, the attack values look wacked because I had to hack up the combat system to model War II's system. So even though the stats say a peon hits hard, it actually doesn't. Knowledge of War2 attack values is helpful here. [edit] Actually I double checked the stats, and you are right. I messed up the peon's base val. Good catch.

Good feedback on the reveal crap. I'll need to re-write the victory conditions to take care of that. I'll also re-time the lumber harvesting in War2 to make sure that's right, because it is kinda slow. Lack of peasents at first is also kinda lame, but die hard War2 folks might like that? We'll see. And I really need to learn how to code AI :).

Thanks man!

Level 2
Version 2

Ok, Version 2 is up. I tabled most of the bugs and got a basic AI working so that the map is playable single player. The AI breaks down at the castle stage, but is playable through keep. I fixed a couple annoying bugs, tweaked the resource rates, and started a little work on boats. Boats are still a ways out.
- modpeon

Status
Not open for further replies.