• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft and starcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Now here I have some questions about starcraft 2 pls answer..

1.Will it have heroes like warcraft 3 and wil you be able to turn them off(if not it would be horrible,I want this for mods only)
2.I allways liked the RPG maps in warcraft 3.But there are no dungeons in space,so is blizzard include warcraft map tilesets and models?And if not does anyone plans on making one.For instance Dota just wouldn't fit in with raynor for example
3. Will units have inventory?
4.What is new in the editor?
5.Does anyone play to recreate warcraft in starcraft2?
Yea and i am stupid ok,but please answer me what's the difference beetween melle and normal map?
THX in advance!

Level 21
You could've used google to find the answers...

1. Melee games won't have heroes. Hero creation will be available in campaigns / star editor though.
2. There's probably going to be a bunker tileset. Above that, most of the tilesets are planet surfaces, which should be sufficient for dungeons, as you won't really notice any stars.
3. Not confirmed, but probably yes. I read somewhere that units can be turned into heroes, which should also mean units can get inventories...
4. Wait and see.
5. Starcraft 2 isn't for sale yet, so anything concerning things like that belong in an idea factory.

if you consider a "normal" map a melee map, then there is none. Why are you asking this question?

Level 2
Ok,but I would really like to see some dungeon tilesets and warcraft models.And if there will not be any,will I be able to create new terrains and for example export models from warcraft3?And will units have spells in warcraft style and will u be able to make custom?
And meele map is normal map which you play in normal rts games like 1on1 etc. And there will be no heroes,but you will be able to make them for mods(Blizzard I love you <3)

Last edited:
Level 21
You can export models from wc3 by opening war3.mpq with an mpq editor (check tools section on this website). However, those models will look out of place in a SC2 environment because of lack of detail / "high" poly geometry. It'd be better if you would use WoW exports or preferably self-made models.

I know what a melee map is, but a "normal" map basically is melee. Otherwise it wouldn't be "normal", so I wonder why you're asking the difference between them...

Oh, and I don't give a shit about the name of staredit. If I want to call it cum edit, then that's how I call it.

Level 13
Is there any place on the net which has wow models avaiable for dl-ad?

Wow.... Bad question to ask.

Want my advice ? Stop talking about anything related to World of Warcraft's models on this site, its one of our big taboo's. If your dumb enough to want to know why, PM a moderator.

Level 8
It's illegal since you're importing things from a game to another I believe.
Just like that Morroblivion mod got pwnt by Bethesda.
But I doubt Blizzard would take any action against maps that have them. Or did they?

Level 2
I have it legaly! And let's say I won't release that map here but use it for myself only!I guess than blizzard don't have anything against it,now tell me how to export :D

Level 8
Now I'm thinking about it, Blizzard doesn't really give a damn about these.

However, an another video game company, bethesda softworks, the one who made Oblivion told a mod site (tesnexus.com, previously known as tessource.net) to remove the oblivion morrowind conversion. I already said that. I'm just saying it in more details.

Level 25
Well, blizzard closed a C&C Modification that looked like Starcraft, so you could end up in having to destroy it. But that wouldn't be likley to happen if it wasn't given a LOT of publicity.

And how to export WoW models? Learn yourself to model first. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.