• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warcraft 4 Confirmed, Starcraft 2 to be a Trilogy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
The latest panel from BlizzCon has been about Starcraft 2. The big news is that the campaign will be split into three separate parts, each being sold as a stand alone game. (people were booing this decision)

This is to ensure a faster release and a more polished campaign. Each of these will feature the same multiplayer experience, however you will have to purchase a separate product to play each of the campaigns.

In other big news, it was also announced the Warcraft 4 will use the same sort of system, which basically confirmed that Warcraft 4 is in the works!

GamesOn.net has a write up of the panel, as well as the news of the trilogy.

Warcraft IV Confirmed, Starcraft II to be split into a Trilogy
The latest panel from BlizzCon has been about Starcraft 2. The big news is that the campaign will be split into three separate parts, each being sold as a stand alone game... and then Rob Pardo made a slip about Warcraft IV.

OH YEA BABY!!!!! Finnaly come on people! Lets party!!

Level 24
Its gonna be a long time before it is released. From what I have heard they said that all three of their development teams are working on Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 and WotLK, and that they will be talking about wc4 when all of those teams have finished what they're doing. So we are going to have to wait a while before they even start development.

Level 13
Yeah, basically the WoW nuts are going to be pissed if they ignored the events of WoW because then that means that their level 70 shaman named cookiemonster4918's finishing blow to Illidan won't be counted as official.

If they go with WoW's events then they're going to piss off everyone who likes Warcraft for the lore and not for the MMO.

Level 7
Yeah, basically the WoW nuts are going to be pissed if they ignored the events of WoW because then that means that their level 70 shaman named cookiemonster4918's finishing blow to Illidan won't be counted as official.

If they go with WoW's events then they're going to piss off everyone who likes Warcraft for the lore and not for the MMO.

Ye that would so totally suck! I mean im a big fan of the Warcraft lore and if Wc4 comes out it really should follow up Wc3 TFT's end. I mean much of the WoW lore is just dumb, and I really got disappointed when characters like Illidan and Kel'thuzad became Bosses you could kill in WoW (Even though i admit WoW is a great game and ive played it). My opinion is, Wc3 has always rules supreme over all other games! ;P. (Thanks to Worldedit that is).

If Wc4 comes out I just Hope Worldedit will come out better than ever and that the Campaign will be keeping up Wc3 standards :D.

WoW doesn't have much to look forward too. If Blizz makes more WoW expansions (which may be inevitable) they won't really have much to work with. They already had you defeat Illidan and they are going to have you defeat Arthas. Who else is there left to kill? :p

The Warcraft Lore is what really holds WoW up. They do make up things in WoW but it kind of ties up to stuff about things from the actual lore. I don't think they would go to the extent, though, to make up some random boss or something as the main boss of the expansion. They would probably do something revolving around the emerald dream or the Naga's home, or some distant titan planet or something like that...

Anyway, I think Warcraft 4 will kind of create a new boss for WoW so if you like WoW you should probably look forward to warcraft 4 because it kind of is what holds up WoW. At least in my opinion.

So yeah, wc4 ftw.

Level 12
they cant really not include the wow lore

then either Warcraft 4 wouldnt really be Warcraft, or World of Warcraft wouldnt really be World of Warcraft

They better include wow lore, not becouse I want it(believe me, I really dont want it in), but becouse it has to be there, elseways, blizzard will just sink lower in my book

Level 7
if they truly make a w4, couting that they don cancel it.... like half there games i swear! the better make a backwards comaptable map conversion system so we can uplaod all of our custom and non-custom w3 map into the game. this way we won need tor ecreate every lottle thing we've worked hard to achive... :(

PUMPED!!!!!

Level 16
Hmm, things i'd like to see in wc4's we are: event for any key on keyboard, customizable interface (move minimap and action buttons around the screen in we, not during the game ofc), possibility of adding more action bars, customizable tooltips (you can change them throught triggers or they can show the value of a variable, etc). I don't really care about the lore that much, but as some1 mentioned before, ignoring wow lore would suck, as well as not ignoring it, so idk... Blizz will come up with something

I gotz a grate idea! Hows about the best WoW players are heros in wc4? YAYAY!!111
Teh WoW lore can be this dude kiled all the old heroes like Arthas and Ilidan

Great! That way I can play Swifty, Whotookmypie and Iwearpink all day long!

Level 34
I'm really surprised with SC2. Anyone noticed that it's their first game not to be innovative? The same goes with Diablo 3 it seems. Is Blizzard running out of ideas? :O

I really hope wc4 brings something totally new to the table. I really don't want to see a rehash of wc3.

Level 12
if they truly make a w4, couting that they don cancel it.... like half there games i swear! the better make a backwards comaptable map conversion system so we can uplaod all of our custom and non-custom w3 map into the game. this way we won need tor ecreate every lottle thing we've worked hard to achive... :(

PUMPED!!!!!

I had the impression the only game they dumped in development was Starcraft Ghost lol. Besides this is Warcraft 4, people WANT it.

Besides they might include some things from WoW, but it makes more sense to just skip WoW, WoWs lore is messy and makes no sense, like Muridan never dying, he just got a bump on the head...WTF HE DIED!!! ARTHAS SACRIFICED HIM!

Level 21
Death is only an illusion .Nobody actually died in WoW.Thay are alive some were.
Isn't that stupid.

But I will play Warcraft 4 with any lore.If there is going to be Warcraft 4.
Blizzard is more than lazy.Look at the Acti Vision.Call of duty 5 is released and they are already making Call of duty 6.

Level 12
I hope wc4 models will be the ones from wow, so we can easily manipulate attachments and stuff like that.

very...very..VERY unlikely, by the time it comes out it will have totaly different graphics, by then everyone will have good graphics and PC specs.. So it will be a kickass game. No game past WoW will use the same graphics engine or anything, WoW had the same engine as WC3, they won't keep using it, they will use a better one.

Status
Not open for further replies.