• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 SD+ resource pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
1683647439346.png

Greetings fellow hivers. I don't know if this stuff already exist somewhere, but here we go.
I wanted to share with you a kind of ressource pack for Warcraft 3 containing the following :
Re-classic by @johnwar
Fixed versions by @Ujimasa Hojo
Some non-TC models replaced by TC edits made by diverse hivers
RoC redrawn ranked icons
Few fixed icons
Improved ground textures by AI
Ballista and Glaive Thrower (alt. portraits + Optimized)
(And other details I might have forgotten)

It is far from perfect, and if you have some suggestions or fixes feel free to hit on that topic !
If you prefer some vanilla models or other models, you can simply delete what you want within the retail folder.

My plan is to upscale most of the existing textures plus seek the hive and other sites for TC versions.

How to install
Put the unpacked folders into the retail folder in the main Warcraft III folder
For windows : search for regedit, then HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Blizzard Entertainment/Warcraft III/Allow Local files -> set it to 1
If you want to go back to normal resources, just set this value to 0

:fp:Download

[Edit] The google drive folder will be updated with each suggestions.

Last edited:
How is work on this project coming along? I think polishing all the original graphics from classic is a great idea.
It's more like a resource gathering topic where I find here and here interesting faithful models & textures.
I'm not a modeler, nor an illustrator, so I'm just plugging the stuff together into one single package.

Status
Not open for further replies.