• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Strategy / Risk] War of the Clans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Just great...our alpha version started to lag as hell after few seconds of testing. After several "leak" inspections from our amazing programmer Chaosy still no explanation of what is causing it. Seems like a lot of problems ahead :(

Level 10
It's not always about leaks. Memory overload, perhaps.

Of course, we found only 1 leak so far and we're sure it's not causing that lag so it must be something different. What did you mean by "memory overload"? This map compared to big ones like Iceborn seems like nothing.

Also the interesting thing is that the map started to lag after we implemented those new hero abilities and systems. I don't think the terrain or destructibles are our problem.

Argos, maybe you're asking too much for this old game engine to handle. :c

You'd be amazed at what it can actually handle, though yes there is the limitations.

Need some help Argos? :grin:

Stuff that lags really badly is double-loops or more as well enumerating too many things... Like picking every unit too fast/often.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
As far as I am aware all of the leaks has been fixed. The memory is no longer slowly increasing, I can confirm that.

However it's too early to celebrate, Argos did apparently experience the lag way more than I did before the leak fixes. So until he can confirm that the lag is gone too, it's kinda in the air for now. If not, I have to look elsewhere.

Argos had to go just as I sent him the map so we'll need to wait until he wakes up.

cheers.

edit: the leaks wasn't the issue. It was two triggers that was causing the lag. I still don't know why, because the triggers didn't contain leaks nor was it a fast loop. But solved, anyway.

Last edited:
Level 10
So, can I please see it?

Chaosy asked if you want the optimized or the older trigger to be posted.

Ohhh that's to expensive! *laughs*
Back to the topic have you added any mew systems, or what sytems are you planning on adding?

My NewGen editor seems to be bugging and Warcraft 3 is lagging every time I try to play War of the Clans. Chaosy however had no lags at all when we had been working yesterday. The alpha release is scheduled for today, so I need to fix it quick.

Level 10
My head i going to explode...need a break too. Spend like 5 hours fixing my NewGen, such a waste of time...

I hope we will manage to release alpha today, but as i said, the whole team is exhausted either from school, work or other life situations.

EDIT: Lol, kukuzu, you posted at the sime time i did. Mind reading? :D

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Finally, just to notify I saw your map size I bigger than 8mb isn't it meant to be below that? Unless you haven't optimised the map yet?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Alpha Released!
222808-albums7457-picture86930.png

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are proud to present you our latest version of WAR OF THE CLANS!
Our team worked really hard for the project to be born. We hope you will enjoy this trial demo version and prepare for upcoming Beta which will include completely new HD terrain and fully finished clan storylines.
Go play it!

Last edited:
Level 10
Not by far, my World Editor is broken and Chaosy worked as my right hand to fix the last issues. We were quite short on time and did what we could, but despite all problems and obstacles we hope you will enjoy this new Alpha version of War of the Clans.

Status
Not open for further replies.