• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Tower Defense] Walking Dead TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Walking Dead TD

After a recent infection, the human race was put into the brink of extinction. Some scientists, however, guarded by a small military that survived the beginning of the infection are researching the cure. So as that military, you must defend the scientists and fight off hordes of blood-thirsty corpses until the cure is researched.

The Walking Dead TD is an old map that i made a LONG time ago. So recently, I played the old map with friends, but they begged me to make a new one, so here is the larger map and more detailed version with an actually ended. Feedback is always greatly appreciated. :thumbs_up:

241022-albums8434-picture101676.png

241022-albums8434-picture101677.png

241022-albums8434-picture101678.png

241022-albums8434-picture101679.png

241022-albums8434-picture101680.png

241022-albums8434-picture101681.png

Attachments

• Walking Dead Survival .w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
Level 10
I just finished playing it.
First thing I thought when I played it is
What do I do? There was no description of the mission.
I didn't know I was meant to protect the building in the middle. I finished building some towers and I decided to upgrade them. Which was a bad idea because they take a while to upgrade. Then I died :(

Reloading the game again, I knew what to do and what to expect. Then I won easily.

Recommendations & Issues discovered:
  • There is an over spawning issue, there are too many zombies at some point of the game which makes 80% of them stand around doing nothing.
  • I can juggle the zombies (see replay)
  • Victory is not satisfying. Especially for a 50 minute game.
  • There is no story, just a timer saying cure. (in game)
  • You should make a cinematic intro to tell the story. e.g "A brilliant scientist is cornered by the undead, it's your job to protect him as he creates the antidote."
    *He runs into the building and the camera pans around displaying hoards of zombies. The camera zooms out into birds eye view and the game starts.*
  • Victory could be this: "I did it!", The scientist yells. *A drone flies out of the building sprinkling dust over the mob of zombies. They all become human again*
  • Buildings cannot be repaired. EDIT: I did some testing and to fix this, you need to change the repair costs for each individual building to 0, changing the repair ability does nothing really. It's all about the building. :xxd:
  • The map is lacking upgrades.
  • You should briefly reveal the whole map so "Must explore there first" isn't an issue when building.
  • You should add some thematic music to set the stage for a zombie survival.
  • There should be unique builders that you are allowed to pick in the beginning. Some specialize in walls, towers, units, explosives, healing etc.

That's all I got for now :)

Attachments

• Walking Dead Survival DEE-BOO.w3g
    194.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.