• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Defense / Survival] GENInfection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This map is all about defending the map from the enemy, similar to zombies in a way. I have only been testing and getting ideas from 3 people, I need new fresh ideas and feedback on this map. Below is features.
Being Developed By SniZupGun
GENInfection V0.37 Alpha
Description
This map is all about building a fully functioning base, protecting the towns and beating back the Infection which will crawl across the map. The Infection will attack endlessly against the players and will become more powerful based on how much area they have Infected.
Story
The Infection started off as the A1D2 Viral Strain, 8 years ago it was discovered in an outskirt town of the kingdom of Trikita, it was non-lethal and very weak and did not pose any threat. However mutations caused it to change, it became a threat 1 year later when the first victims started becoming aggressive and violent. Any person that was killed by one of these Infected became like them, eventually other forms of the Infection began Infesting or Infecting people, 4 vectors of the Infection were identified, Fungal, Infestation, Bacterial and Viral. The Infection was put into quarantine, however that did not stop it. Fungus covered Infected buildings and manifestations were protruding out from the Infected buildings. Currently the Infection has taken over 89% of the kingdom, the city of Paralora is the final and last city between the capital city and the Infection.
Gameplay
The players must build their base, this base is going to have to be very heavily defended and have more than just the same turret/tower otherwise, they will be destroyed by counter Infected. The Infection will focus its attacks on the towns and the military bases, once it takes these out they will become Infected and produce structures and more Infected until the players bases are annihilated. Defending the towns is very important and launching offensives is also, defending your base endlessly will cause the Infection to eventually take you out.
Win Conditions: Destroy the Infection Core at the top of the map, once it is destroyed you will win the game. However it is very heavily defended.
Loss Conditions: There is a progressive loss condition, Lose the Military Base central structure (Base Outpost or Base),then lose the Border Control Point. Once these are destroyed you will have to build the final city of humankind. If this is destroyed then all hope is lost.

Features
Infected Artificial Intelligence
Military Assisting Controllable A.I
Progressive Map Infection
Custom Base Building
Infection Evolution/Mutations
Random Events
Multiple Factions to Choose From
Chat Parameters
Many Types of Infected Units
Core Infection Structures
Randomly Generated Structure/Unit Placement (Military Bases Prebuilt)
Hundreds of Research Options and Prerequisite Research
Many Types of Defensive/Support/Offensive/Production Structures
Co-op Gameplay (Currently up at 4 Players)
Multiple Heros

Hive Workshop Community for Triggering
Thank you to HiveWorkshop
Models
HeavyTank by: Infinitynexus
M2Bradley/M1Abrams by: Illidan(evil)x
Plated Footman by: HappyTauren
Elite Footman by: Levigeorge1617
Iron/Silver/Gold Ores by: Ergius
FootmanRevised by: HappyTauren
Human Archer by: HappyTauren
Royal Captain: Tranquil
Missiles
Fireblast by: D4RK_G4ND4LF
Rocket by: WILLTHEALMIGHTY
M2Bradley Projecticle by: Illidan(evil)x
Icons:
M2Bradley/M1Abrams by: Illidan(evil)x
Ore icons by: Blizzard Entertainment

0.37: Release Version
MAJOR CHANGES

Redone Terrain Added a River which is crossable and a couple of mountain ridges
Addition of 6000 or so doodads

MINOR CHANGES

Changes of the staged Infection Pod name to Infection Egg
Changes to towns and cities

226807-albums6253-picture67542.jpg
226807-albums6253-picture67579.jpg

226807-albums6253-picture67580.jpg

You can also have a look at the current development pictures on my album at http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/226807-albums6253.html

Map Infection:
The Map will become Infected from various factors, one would be allowing the Infected to take control of towns and Infect structures. Another way would be allowing Infection Growths to be constructed and develop.
Military:
The Military will aid in the players defensive's/offensives they will do this by commands issued by Player Red. Red can place where the Military will send their troops by using the Military Control Tower down in the bottom right corner of the map. Setting a rally point and then typing set alocation in chat will set the attack location. Red can then type in attack location and the military will send their attack forces to the location. Red can also type in defend (town name).
Infection Core Structures: The Infection Core Structures are placed in the top right corner of the map, these will endlessly produce more Infected to attack the map with. Taking these out will cause a massive dent in the Infections production base. Also note that the Hub will unlock new Infected and Evolved Structures.
Infection Eggs: Infection Eggs will spawn near the Infection Core, they will go through stages 1 - 5 and then to bursting, once they are in bursting they will regenerate their Mana up to max, once this hits max they will burst. Bringing forth a powerful Infected which will sure take out the humans.

Terrain - 40%
Units and Upgrades - 34%
Triggers - 52%
Gameplay Elements 32% (Cannot really do much about that not many suggestions)
General Development Status: Moderate Speed, Play Testing With Myself Only

Please review, rate and comment on my map suggestions are welcome, map is in late stage alpha.

Attachments

• GENInfection V0.37.w3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Level 3
Thank you for the feedback, terrain will be improved and integrated more into the map and its generation trigger. I added in more terrain but I guess it is not enough and requires more work, the thinking behind it was making it so the players could build their bases on a more flat ground. Thinking about it now it does not seem like such a bad idea.

Level 11
quick note, I would make sure that the font color of regular text blends in well with the background of what it originally is in front of. So make sure that your text color looks good on your original post before anything else

Level 3
Post modifications have been made, new map version with enhanced terrain will be out soon. Has anyone play tested the map yet? Like actually tried to win it? I know for a fact that it is a hard one.

Level 11
No I havent actually, I'm about to work on my map actually so I will look at yours later. But the original post font color is still very unpleasing to the eye

Level 3
Version 0.37.0 Alpha is now available change log is available below.
By the way typing in -infected will give you a full readout of the amount of infected units and structures. Currently my high score was about 1300.
New pictures have been added showcasing the new terrain, as well as some of the maps features.
I currently know a bunch of bugs to do with the final city and with general gameplay.

MAJOR CHANGES
  • Redone Terrain Added a River which is crossable and a couple of mountain ridges
  • Addition of 6000 or so doodads
MINOR CHANGES
  • Changes of the staged Infection Pod name to Infection Egg
  • Changes to towns and cities

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.