• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

.w3e Terrain File

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Is there any way to view .w3e files? It is a file inside the map that defines the terrain. You can't simply change the extension to .tga or .bmp, etc.

Level 5
There's a lot of useful info in that post, but nothing that will help me, I think. You see, what I'm trying to do is shift my map (which was based entirely off of deep water for smooth coastlines) to the left, as there is too much space/water on the left side and not enough on the right. I can't simply copy it because the map is 480x480 and it makes WE unresponsive.

Level 26
The reference states the structure of the w3e file, too. You can write yourself a tool that reads the w3e using that format, edit the won data, then re-transform it.

I do not know about the extension that allows 480x480 maps in WE. Can you not reset the borders in >Scenario >Map Size and Camera Bounds? Else you could also piecewise copy patches of terrain. I would not be so sure if the program really becomes unresponsive since you just ask it to execute a large amount of instructions, which requires quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.