• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

W3 Reforged System Requirements (Speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
So, Warcraft 3 Reforged is just around the corner but we have yet to see the recommended system requirements.

I'm just making this thread to speculate on this.

Looking at similar 4K games like Age of Empires Definitive Edition, I speculate that the Warcraft 3 Reforged recommended system requirements will be something like this:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: 2.4 Ghz i5 or greater
  • Memory: 12-16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 650; AMD HD 5850 or better
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 20 GB available space

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Probably will support Windows 7, at least for another year or so until Blizzard adopts a policy of dropping Windows 7 support.
Processor: 2.4 Ghz i5 or greater
Almost certainly needs a faster processor, especially if you plan to play custom maps, I would not recommend anything less than a multi core processor with 3 GHz minimum sustained speed from the last 10 years.
Memory: 12-16 GB RAM
8GB is probably fine, although it may run into paging stalls when loading assets in complex maps. 16 GB would offer best experience with no pageing and tons of room for file cache which would be good if you run off a mechanical drive.
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 650; AMD HD 5850 or better
2-4 GB GPU is likely required. I suspect many of the people locked to "medium" are because they lack GPU memory. More GPU memory will be needed to play at higher resolutions obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.