• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[vJASS] vJASS/JASS to GUI Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

vJASS/JASS to GUI Project

Introduction

As of what the title name says,I physically convert vJASS/JASS codes to GUI.
You might ask me,"why do you create such things,although they were created by somebody else",my answer is that,i want to help GUI coders to experience what vJASS coders and JASS coders experience,somewhat like use libraries,snippets,systems applicable to their spells.Also i want them to use this kind of codes because they never know how to code JASS.
I also want them to use such complex ideas from the writers that script coders use.I want to create this GUI versions of the scripts.

Codes to be converted

This is the list of the codes i want to convert in the future

Codes Converted

Name of my Resource
From what codeBy Who?
Dummy CasterMUIDummyCastersmckill2009

Timed Lightning
Timed LightningMaker
GetUnitCollisionSize--url not available--King Vexorian

Credits

Credits to these people's idea
  • Vexorian
  • Nestharus
  • Maker
  • mckill2009
  • Magtheridon96
  • Alain.Mark
  • moyackx
  • BlinkBoy
  • PurgeandFire111
  • Ammorth
  • CokeMonkey11
  • Rising_Dusk
  • Weaaddar
  • grim001
  • Jesus4Lyf
[TD]
[/TD]

Last edited:
Level 17
You have time to lose.
But i don't get the need of converting BoundSentinel, last time i checked you don't have to use the code inside it.

Also TimerUtils(Ex) is srewed up, check for Magtheridon's version on the graveyard.

And about the IsUnitOnRect thing, as i said on wc3c.net i doubt it works.

Level 17
Frankly i don't care to check if the original TU is fixed or not, but the edit comes from Anitarf , not Vexorian.
It uses a .evaluate if you check the very first lines of code ...
I mean really it's not needed, it's just overhead for the sake of overhead >.<
I'm not a speedfreak dude (but i was on the past), but that doesn't mean i accept overhead when it's 100 % useless.

Convert this into GUI : P

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/save-load-snippets-v2-1-0-5-a-202714/?prev=mmr=6

Be sure to go through the interactive tutorial first so that you don't come up with a crappy conversion : ). Right now, the only GUI save/load system is AceHart's, which just can't compete ;o.

Im planning for it since i saw that systems,but i want to make a casted ability to save its cooldown :D

@Chaosy
Thanks,i selected them because all of them are possible

Level 19
Well I just love people who make nice things in gui since most good systems asre un readable vjass

I used to use GUI.

Nestharus (indirectly, you'll deny this if u read this :D ) converted me to vJass and now i cant even use anything in the spell section because its all un-cooperatable GUI

e/ i actually didnt read the part beneath this untill this was posted than scrolled up, fyi.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/save-load-snippets-v2-1-0-5-a-202714/?prev=mmr=6

Be sure to go through the interactive tutorial first so that you don't come up with a crappy conversion : ). Right now, the only GUI save/load system is AceHart's, which just can't compete ;o.

oh thats why you asked me if i was still working on it.

Yeah, I still have plans for it (if i had an hour or so i bet I could finish it) but once you finish your (bah ive already told you this) localized saving im making a system for my own rpg which would use both than id transfer that to a new map.

What id also like to do is convert the snippets into JASS so the people dont have to use JNGP (their choice), but ill probably end up just copying the map's .j :p

2e/ re-do Bonus too :) (or someone volunteer to fix my map cuz my dumb computers wont *cough*)

Level 19

???

Bonus is fine, unless u mean that you want a GUI version of it, heh. A GUI version of Bonus is impossible.

Gui version yes -_-

• Set Bonus_Type = 3
  • Set Bonus_Amount = 1337
  • Set Bonus_Target = Triggering Unit
  • Trigger : Execute Function (Start Bonus)
the impossible part would be the abilities -_- can you even merge object editor data without jngp?

Level 16
I think the whole idea of the project is a waste of your time. Do you know why ? Because the maker of the JNGP already paid enough time in making that thing the way you see.

Also, to my POV, I don't consider this:
  • Actions
    • Custom script: loop
    • Custom script: exitwhen true
    • Custom script: call DoNotSaveReplay()
    • Custom script: endloop
    • Custom script: call whatever_function()
GUI

Its some sort of restrained JASS. Restrained ? yes because if there is a simple error then you will need eons to find the error and correct it and from the looks of this project it will contains tons of this line.

Typing in a plan text-like page is much much easier to find and replace.

Anyway, if you feel you are up to it then give it a shot.

Level 17
i believe there is also an issue With usability, for example i have not seen too many gui users use things like natural logarithm and interpolation functions When you convert those i still think that gui users Will find them too advanced so i guess you could say that everything depends on What skills the person has. more advanced stuff like that is usually used by people Who knoW the language, so What im saying is if you Want to help gui users then it Would be better to make a tutorial on hoW to learn jass instead of this

Level 31
i believe there is also an issue With usability, for example i have not seen too many gui users use things like natural logarithm and interpolation functions When you convert those i still think that gui users Will find them too advanced so i guess you could say that everything depends on What skills the person has. more advanced stuff like that is usually used by people Who knoW the language, so What im saying is if you Want to help gui users then it Would be better to make a tutorial on hoW to learn jass instead of this

I agree. Just learning jass/vjass is the best solution : ).

Status
Not open for further replies.