• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Various errors with War3 Model Editor

Level 7
I have installed the war3 editor for the first time, I wanted to learn how to model, but a series of errors does not allow me to use it as it should or as I saw it should. Obviously the Warcraft 3 I have is the original and its installation path is the default, so I don't understand the errors. If anyone knows how to help me, I would appreciate it.

These images are from version 1.07
Error.png

I don't get errors when opening, the MPQ search engine doesn't work either, marking me as "cannot be opened" or "blp does not exist" and the custom models that I download don't let me edit them
Error2.png

And these are all the errors of 1.08
Error3.png
Error4.png
Error6.png

After errors the editor closes.

Obviously the Warcraft 3 I have is the original and its installation path is the default,
Can you say more about this, such as the specific version?

Bogdan's War3ModelEditor will not help if you are using Warcraft 3 Patch 1.26 or some old version like that.

I'm guessing that probably you did not install Warcraft III from the CD and so if you downloaded or copied the game folder yourself from some backup, then it will not have generated the registry keys that declare where the game is and so Magos might have trouble finding the game until you update your registry.

Edit: [On the flip side, if you are using a modern Activision download, then the game is in a different format and War3ModelEditor will not work with that format, except for maybe the Bogdan version but even then I'm not certain if he finished it.]

Level 7
Can you say more about this, such as the specific version?

Bogdan's War3ModelEditor will not help if you are using Warcraft 3 Patch 1.26 or some old version like that.

I'm guessing that probably you did not install Warcraft III from the CD and so if you downloaded or copied the game folder yourself from some backup, then it will not have generated the registry keys that declare where the game is and so Magos might have trouble finding the game until you update your registry.

Edit: [On the flip side, if you are using a modern Activision download, then the game is in a different format and War3ModelEditor will not work with that format, except for maybe the Bogdan version but even then I'm not certain if he finished it.]

Well, yes indeed, originally, long before Reforged came out, I bought the game keys and played it like that, you know, you download the installer, put in the game keys and the expansion and that's it. but I've had it installed from the battle.net launcher for a while now, so maybe that's the problem. (yes, I had the original game and I ate the reforged lie like a champ)