• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Various concept art and the likes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Meh, I have never really been active on the Hive- I used to be active when wc3sear.ch was up and running, and I've understood this is the new place- it looks pretty much the same anyway.

Uhm, if you'd know of me at all, it's probably as Dragonskull- some might even know me as Goliath the God (I used to do textures, particularly Trolls; I like to think I invented Chaos Trolls) I've worked on a couple WC3 mods; Great Troll War and Clash of the Titans. Neither finished. Now I work for Warshop Studios, developing Wartide.

Let's get to the art shall we..

Nomad.png

Cassandra.png

Huntress.png

Aranaz.png

Some older and in-progress art (hah, in progress for 2 years) can be seen on my DeviantArt profile: condragonskull.deviantart.com

I've been pretty much inactive on the arts scene for a while due to trouble getting my tools to work with Vista. Though I plan to solve it this summer and get my hand back in shape. xP

Criticism always welcome.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Thanks for the comment Arafor, and I guess thanks for the views everyone else? ._.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

It's either Filter- I mean Photoshop or Artrage, is that correct?

Looks great.

Filter?
It's Photoshop CS2.

@FriKy, aye I remember you- and you'd know me by Dragonskull. Didn't realize you were on PHQ though, as far as I recall, you were on .. uhm, damn I forgot what we used to call it.. Artera? Silly of me to forget, squishy-1? :p

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

http://mizzdraconia.deviantart.com/art/Barbarian-55128179

dude.. next time, learn proportions, and don't worry i'm learning proportions too.. :D

Hmm, that looks a lot like my Huntress, but then again- I can't remember having seen that drawing before. I reckon I used a couple stocks as reference though, 'cause I'm really bad at posing (mainly a concept artist and I draw character mostly straight up and down with arms spread to the sides, or in profile without arms). Maybe she and I looked at similar references when making our characters.. hers look much sexier than mine though. :D

Talking about proportions though, what in particular is it you find disproportional, 'cause I can't improve on it if I don't know what it is. ;)
Always happy to learn.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Ah, no I'm passed that period- that was a "technique" I used 10 years ago, putting an image under my own. Though I still use reference to look at, to get inspiration and look how the muscles wrap around the bones in various poses, how clothes fold etc. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.