• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Urmm... Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I hope I have put this thread in the right sub-forum. I desperately need help with something extremely complicated and important: Why kind of map should I make?
Seriously. After Darkzealot_128 suggested that I read some tutorials if I need help (Thanks for that by the way. I could not find the tutorials section before that.), I was reading about one tutorial a day.
Then I found a tutorial about making a good map. I was enticed by it's title and read it. I thought it was going to be about using triggers to advance gameplay but instead, it told me something highly unexpected. It said that a good map should be original and unique.
I started to judge my map that was still on development on those two criteria and discovered that my map was not very original or unique. I started to think of another kind of map I should make but all of those seem to be already used by other map makers.
So I have posted this thread to try to collect some ideas from you and try to pick one that is very original and unique and use it for my map. (I'll give the lucky one some rep points) (I may combine two or more ideas to obtain my master idea.(rep points will be divided among you.))

Last edited:
Level 9
Even if an Idea is done,if you think your idea is better,then go for it.Remember that youre mapmaking for your enjoyment.
I can provide ideas but tell me how good you are with the WE?based on that I might suggest something.

Level 5
I'm very good in GUI but hardly know a think about Jass so I'm not very good at programming vey complicated AI. I am also good at making trigger enhanced spells. I dislike RPGs as they take a long time to complete and require a complex save system.

Level 9
EDIT:
I put campaign but since you said you werent very good in AI..
So RPG is out..what about a builder map(No RISK pls)?They are few are far in between.

Level 9
builder is the general name for an RTS-game in warcraft.
Examples-World in Flames,Village Builder,Rise of China,Genesis of Empires etc.

Level 5
Please don't use short form words cause I don't recognize most of them as I Am new to hive. Also, I do not know or play a single game you have stated as an example. Can you tell me generally how they are played.

Level 9
Warcraft III is an RTS.Age of Empires is an RTS.
RTS=Real time strategy game.
What im saying is you make a game like that since they are scarce(look at the number of RPGs and AoS's)

Hero Arenas are also dying out so you can make one of them..

Status
Not open for further replies.