• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Upgrading a unit to a new version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Well I'm trying to make a unit Become another one after you reseach an upgrade, can someone help me?

Example:
Unit 1: Armored Ravager
Upgrade: Sigma's Blessing (Reseached at the barracks after you upgrade your Hamlet to Bastion)
Unit 2: Armored Paladin

Both models are from Pyramidhe@d and Deolrin and the icons are from Mr.Goblin

Level 20
"A unit finishes upgrade"
Researched Upgrade equal to Sigma's Blessing
Unit Type of Triggering Unit Equal to Barracks
-> "Pick every unit of type Armored Ravager and -> Replace Picked Unit with Armored Paladin.

Level 33
From what I see here, Upgrade applied to all unit-type therefore you should use Berserker's Upgrade, because it will affect all unit of that type because Upgrade is not infinite, it is limited.

"A unit finishes upgrade"
Researched Upgrade equal to Sigma's Blessing
Unit Type of Triggering Unit Equal to Barracks
-> "Pick every unit of type Armored Ravager and -> Replace Picked Unit with Armored Paladin.
You can do this, however, what will happen for the future trained of that unit ?
Since Upgrade has been used, you cannot Upgrade it any longer (unless you have set your Upgrade level into huge value or something) and it will be not efficient since everytime you upgrade, you need to pick all units and replace it, it's not efficient.

Level 12
Thanks you all
+Rep to all with the exeption of noob

What the F-u-c-k, why have I missed the beserker upgrade?

Where was I, yes: Can someone help me increase the level of the Beserker Upgrade so I could get another upgrade without affecting any unit with the exeption of the unit affected?
Example:
Upgrade 1 part 1: Sigma's Blessing
Upgrade 1 part 2: Holy Training
Unit Affected: Armored Paladin
Abilities unlocked: Lay on Hands and Holy Aura

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.