• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unselectectable Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Events
Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Set Sun = ((Position of PlayingUnit) offset by 2000.00 towards 210.00 degrees)
Unit - Move Sun 0003 <gen> instantly to Sun
Unit - Move Sun 0002 <gen> instantly to Sun
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Sun)

I'm using this to create a sun in a 3rd person camera map. But sadly the ''sun'' is a unit and it's selectable in game. How do I make it unselectable? ( Not sure where to post this :S )

Attachments

• Sun thing.jpg
    Sun thing.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 213
  • sun thing 2.jpg
    sun thing 2.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 191
Level 19
If the suns is a Unit, give it the locust abillity, if its a doodad, mark the selectable in game to not

Just add "Locust" ability to the Sun unit, and it wont be selectable nor attackable. And you wont have to use any triggers to achieve it, just add the ability.

Edit:
@Up
Dang, seconds D:

It works! :D But when I hold the mouse over the ''sun'' that health bar still appeares. Is there a way remove the health bar?

Level 6
Just a comment here... Megafyr, those screenies look f*cking awesome. I'm impressed there, and that's saying quite alot. It usually takes a bit to impress me. :thumbs_up:

You've done very well to make a map like that. The only question I have about it is: "What's the FPS like?"

Level 19
Thanks guys, I got it right now! :D

Just a comment here... Megafyr, those screenies look f*cking awesome. I'm impressed there, and that's saying quite alot. It usually takes a bit to impress me. :thumbs_up:

You've done very well to make a map like that. The only question I have about it is: "What's the FPS like?"

Dunno if I'm gonna make a FPS or not.. :p But I promise, if I'm gonna do that, it's gonna be sick! ;)

Level 6
LOLZ! :grin:

By FPS I was meaning Frames Per Second. But, yes that would be sweet as a First Person Shooter... The reason I was asking about your FPS was because of the fact that there is SOOOOOOOOO much detail in those screenies (nice looking grass, trees, etc.) I would expect all that to at least slow a system down... A whole lotta polygons = a whole lotta lag.

Anyways, awesome work. Keep it up. :thumbs_up:

Level 19
LOLZ! :grin:

By FPS I was meaning Frames Per Second. But, yes that would be sweet as a First Person Shooter... The reason I was asking about your FPS was because of the fact that there is SOOOOOOOOO much detail in those screenies (nice looking grass, trees, etc.) I would expect all that to at least slow a system down... A whole lotta polygons = a whole lotta lag.

Anyways, awesome work. Keep it up. :thumbs_up:

Oh.. Lol^^ My mistake. Well, I think it does affect the fps, but the view distance is selectable. On my system it doesn't lag anyway. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.