• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unreal Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I was thinking when im finished with my current project, to start and make a first person shooter game. Well actually to make Unreal tournament, for warcarft 3... was wondering if anyone would be interested in this kind of game or if its a waste to even speak about making it.

Level 11
its like a really really fast first person shooter on speed. lol. I was playing it today with like real dumb ai and kept getting godlike and unstoppable. I think im thinking of putting the game in cinematic mode and changing down the layer on it so you could actually play as a first person shooter with out the lame user interface from warcraft 3 showing you stupid shit.

Level 3
Hmmm, sounds interesting, but are you going to make it, Unreal in warcraft 3 or warcraft 3 in unreal?

i mean, are you trying to get as close to ut as you can get or would you try and make it with warcraft 3 units/abilities?

With the last i mean, using both ranged and melee characters to choose from.. for example, an abominationthat can take a lot of damage to try and rush enemies, a demonhunter that uses shadowmeld to get close enough to an enemy player to engage in melee, a druid that entangles an oponent then tears him apart in bear mode etc.

Level 11
No i mean like unreal tournament 3 first person shooter style. I mean your gona be playing unreal the video game, the first person shooter in warcraft 3. Cause i f i did warcraft 3 in unreal thats just wack lmao

Level 8
Hi there.
I played UT and i love it. I played all unreal games and i think its very hard to do it as fps cause it has to be a quick game.
But listen! Watch out for Elimination Tournament! (1+2)
This are 2 very great maps, just change them a bit and boom you´ve got a UT. not fps but really cool speed fun game :)

Level 11
yea but I WANT FIRST PERSON SHOOTER. Why cant anyone get this through there brains lmao. If i build anything besides fps I will not have a following for that map. but if i do accomplish the first leakless easy to control fps

Level 11
YouTube - Sharpshooter Online played that map, Sharpshooters, and its ok, but i would prefer playing CS more than this wc3 mod... its just not that fun and fast... but if you can make it batter than CS,HL... games like, go ahead. I'm not flaming you, just taking my opinion out :) . If you have the will to do FPS, do it. UT like FPS would be better in Wc3 than regular real time FPS. But best idea would be horror like FPS, like Night of the Dead.

Level 11
YouTube - Sharpshooter Online played that map, Sharpshooters, and its ok, but i would prefer playing CS more than this wc3 mod... its just not that fun and fast... but if you can make it batter than CS,HL... games like, go ahead. I'm not flaming you, just taking my opinion out :) . If you have the will to do FPS, do it. UT like FPS would be better in Wc3 than regular real time FPS. But best idea would be horror like FPS, like Night of the Dead.

I dont need will i got warsoc woop woop

Level 10
I strongly recommend the idea to be realize ! but first person shooter need really good command >.> if u could make command with key arrow & make hero turn with certain command :p evrything to make it e-zier but Anyway what u do it will pwn ^^ & it will be fun to play !!!

Level 11
Yes i do. My quest is to make maps that are the downfall of dota. *I love dota but I liked the good old days when many different maps were hosted*

Level 11
If you want the good old days when many maps were hosted then creating a map that will be a substitute for dota won't bring those days back, now will it?

Its not a substitute, its a door for people who play games to go. Holy shit, never knew fps could be possible, hmm maybe i should check around for some other maps to play that could be good 2, or hmm maybe I should make a map. Dota is never gona be substituted, cause its just 2 simple.

Level 10
on hold ? u waiting on something ? but for ur project i know some map that have good system for that kind of game!!! u could get some idea from this!!! another idea i found would be great : the trigger create random doodad,terrain etc. wich make the game terrain different evrygame ^^!!

Level 11
Yea i think thats the biggest waste of time, having randomed map every game. I want to make a map that sets the mood for the game. Not just random doods spawning whever. and yea im waiting for the terrain for my other project to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.