• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unreal Mercenaries - Role Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
OOC: Duh..... My dad watch it. :D All he said is: " ............. " By the way I rarely watch football. Cuz at that time i was playing and checking out our RP.

IC: " Pssst hey Peper. See that guys there? The one in the bushes? On the northern cliff there. He seems to be aiming at K'rak. Let's take him out."

* Creeps silently towards a good firing position.*

OOC: I hope writing " Seems to be aiming " is not too much NPC control.

Oh ya Peper. 3-0 huh? Just finish reading the newspaper before posting. :D

OOC: No, not too much NPC control, but map-modding. The northern cliff is invisible from your position (Thats why this position was chosen for deploying you).

IC: Even with Nightvision and Infrared scope, you can see no enemies. The forest is too dense to see far, so it is unclear wether there are any patrols or not.
K'rak takes his weapon and the mines and silently walks towards the forest.

Level 6
OOC: Apologies about the modding for environment,i was kinda rushed. Good news though,i got a laptop for xmas so i SHOULD be on more.

IC: K'rak walks slowly and cautiously,being careful not to alert any potential threats of his presence. {can't see...this could become very dangerous for us all..}
He then pauses. He can hear a quiet noise coming from somewhere ahead. He slowly steps over to a tree and leans against it slightly,trying to realise where the sound came from and what made it.

Level 6
OOC: Oh? Sorry i din't know that.

IC: " Grr... Hey whats K'rak doing?"

{ Hmm? Is it raining? }

* Calling over radio"

" Hey James..... Is it raining?"

OOC: That is not modding either right?

Level 6
IC: K'rak peers around the side of the tree cautiously, trying to discover what it is that made the noise. He cannot see any form of life that could have made the noise. He turns and slowly walks back far enough so that he can talk quietly to the others. "I do not see anything. I suggest we remain careful and on guard as we continue this mission" K'rak states. He then turns and hurries quietly to the tree,then cautiously walks further into the forest.

OOC: What i meant to say was i FELT rushed. Parents were restricting time on the computer,and i felt obligated to help with this mission thing sorry.

Level 6
IC: K'rak turns to face Peper. "If i attack now they will know we are here,and we could potentially be killed. I am unsure of you,but i know i have no desire to die here. Fire if you wish,but i am waiting for a better chance" K'rak states emotionlessly.

Level 6
IC: Not knowing what was happeing down there, Jay saw some hostiles.

{ Easy meat.}

Suddenly he felt something hard pressing on his neck.

Then someone spoke......

Suddenly, someone stepped into sight. A human soldier, armed with an Assault Rifle and equipped with a Nightvision. There were still several meters distance between you and him, but it seems like he spotted you. He raised his weapon, and upon noticing that you have spotted him, he shouts and seeks cover behind the next tree before firing.

Level 6
OOC: Opps.....

IC: "Huh, what the....."

* Looks behind *

"Hmm, I am hallucinating.... Back to work!"

"Hmm, that guys behind the tree! He's aiming at Peper. Goddamit!!"

Carefully he aims at that guy behind the tree, and opens fire.

*Click*

OOC: Okay i think i fixed things here. Enjoy.

Level 6
IC: K'rak notices the human human hiding behind the tree. Just as he steps forward,ready to take action, K'rak notices the human fall. {It seems the big one is a good shot. It would be wise to remember that}
Seeing the opportunity to gain some ground,K'rak runs forward in an attempt to discover who,or what,made the sound from earlier.

Jay's Assault rifle fires completely withound sound and light, so at first you don't know wether you hit or not. Only the recoil telly you that you actually shot something. But as the man collapses with some bloody holes in his body, you find out how effective this weapon is.
But just as the first man is no longer a problem, some more step into action: To both your left and right, suddenly bullets and missiles are raining down. To your left stands a normal human with an assault rifle, while to your right a strange being comes into sight. It is a reptiloid with roughly human shape, small and bulky with a crooked back and a round head without any facial features like a nose or a chin, just two small eyes and a wide gaing mound. It holds some kind of staff with four spikes at one end, but instead of using it as melee weapon, it points the spiked and at you and fires plasma missiles, not unlike the ones shot by a link gun, but of a blue instead of green color, indicating a higher energy.

Last edited:
Level 6
IC: K'rak sees the rltiloid shoot plasma missiles at jay. {if he dies the mission could be a fail..and we could all perish}
Without thinking for his safety, K'rak sprints over at full speed and tackles jay out of the way of the plasma missiles. He then kneels. "There are many of them,and few of us. They will expect us to hide,to cringe from their superior numbers, and possibly run. But,sometimes the key to winnning a battle is to do something so unexpected they have not prepared for it" K'rak says. Using his speed, K'rak stands up and dashes straight towards many of the human soldiers.

Level 6
IC: {These humans..they have excellent battle tactics. I must be careful in this battle} K'rak thinks to himself as he is dashing. Just as he arrives to the soldiers, K'rak draws his knife and leaps high into the air with a bloodthirsty roar, preparing to cut down anything and anyone who attempts to stop him.

OOC: Sorry, made an typo. I of course meant reptiloid, not reltiloid.
IC: The strange creature dies fast as the bullets penetrate its head, but as is falls you see behind it the next marine running towards you.
On the other side, K'rak is of course immediatel focused, but his surprise action gives him a second. Behind the first soldier, you can see another one running towards you.

Level 6
IC: As K'rak lands on the ground,he immediately does a swift slash and cuts the throat of a nearby soldier. He sees one of the soldiers running. {This will be dangerous if i stay in this position any longer}
K'rak,using his agility,quickly flips backwards and lands onto a tree branch nearby. He then proceeds to leap from branch to branch,avoiding the bullets and missiles that are everywhere.
OOC: Geez this is tough resisting the urge to do NPC haha

Level 6
IC: Jay seeing Peper behind a tree, quickly runs towards him.

" Peper, see that strange guy that tried to shoot me? Let's pick his gun up."

* Picks up the weapon *

{ Here goes nothing!!}

Aims it at the enemy, then open fire!

With K'rak leaping away immediately, the soldiers decide to focus on more stationary targets - Jay and Peper, who cannot hide really well behind a tree since they are now attacked from two sides. Both their armors are already damaged slightly and will not hold much longer if they are under fire like that.
The weapon Jay picks up is a bit small for his huge armored hands and at first, you cannot see any trigger.
OOC: Talking = wasting time.

Level 6
IC: As K'rak is leaping from branch to branch,he notices that many of the soldiers have started lost focus on him and are instead attacking the others. {One of the most important rules of war: ALWAYS keep focus on all the targets,and never let your guard down} K'rak thinks as he leaps from one of the branches and lands with a sickening crack on one of the soldiers's backs. Taking advantage of the suprise, K'rak slices one of the soldiers right down the middle, and then runs behind a tree.

Level 6
OOC: @ AlienAtSystem- Really talking is all we can do since we can't exactly say things like "the soldier then turned his gun on K'rak" or anything like that.

IC: {he seems to be attempting to force the enemies to retreat..interesting tactic} K'rak thinks as he is squatting down behind a tree,waiting for his moment to strike.

Level 6
OOC: Why am i always to blame......

{ Trigger trigger trigger...... }

" I cant find that *ucking trigger!!"

* Drops the weapon *

* Grabs his assault rifle *

"K'rak we need to mark the targets for the arties!!
Go!Go!Go!"

* Aims at a enemy and fires. *

OOC: Arties instead of artilleries since Jay is in a hurry.

With the combined fire of Peper and Jay, the last soldiers finally falls.
A quick check of the environment reveals the following:
You are still in a forest with high trees and a lot of undergrowth, mainly fern of all types. The trees around you have many impact marks and the foliage of the small plants is red with blood from your enemies, but also a bit of your own. K'rak was hit at the left shoulder and is out of breath from the jumping, while Jay has some holes here and there, but with the medikit of his armor, he does not feel much pain, but a little numb from the drugs. Peper is probably the most useful at the moment because he feels no pain and was not hit at crucial points except his visor. His left eye and the nightvision is out of function, so he sees nothing now that the muzzle flashes no longer illuminate the landscape.
The staff weapon lies in the ferns in front of you, little more than a small club, but you vividly remember the missiles it fired. All around you, you can hear groaning and some moving. Some of your enemies are still alive.

Level 6
IC: K'rak turns and sees some of the soldiers struggling for breath,while some seem injured but still able to survive easily. {It is impressive how determined these creatures are to survive}
K'rak walks over to the nearest soldier and puts it out of its misery with a swift slash of his knife. He then walks over and sits down on the ground,exhausted. "I will continue with the mission shortly..i just need some time to regain my stamina" K'rak says,breathing heavily.

Level 22
OOC: Lol, my nightvision....
IC: Now Peper is having difficulty to see any enemies or the eviroment. But he can still hear sounds. He heard groaning and moving sounds and a heavy breath that seems coming from K'rak. "Jay, can you guide me? We cannot lose much time! The soldiers can alert the entire base." Peper called in the radio, trying to contact James. "James, how many times remaining until the sun rises?"

Level 6
IC: {He is right..those soldiers could indeed alert the base..which would make the mission altogether more difficult}
K'rak,exhausted, manages to stand up. "There is no time to rest..we must continue the mission" K'rak says as he begins to slowly walk through the forest.

Level 6
IC: " Peper make sure you don't waste the ammo. Just smash their necks. You are more then capable of blowing human's neck. K'rak you go back up the hill and scout out the area.
I will have to guide Peper back there after he's done smashing necks."

" By the way, take this."

*Hands over a Target Painter*

"Use it to mark targets."

Jay calls over the radio.

" James what do we need to mark again?"

OOC: For once i am useful..

The crouching noise now sounds from behind you. As you turn around, you notice one of the soldiers trying to get away really fast. Then he notices that you nocticed him - and grabs something and holds it in front of his mouth -

OOC: Now show me lightning reactions. In two hours i will post the rest of his action unless you stop him.

Level 6
OOC: Did i miss something? Nah...

IC: Unsure of what that soldier was holding, Jay decided to shoot his hand to make that thing drop.

{ I hope it's not a bomb......}

* Takes aim at the soldier's arm *

"Hm? Peper is aiming his head....."

* Aims it at soldier's head *

* Press on the trigger really hard *

OOC: Oh.

The soldier opens his mouth and yells something just as Jay's bullets hit his head. He falls over, gasping a last time, dropping the device, landing in the ferns and nearly dissapearing in them. He lies absolutely still, so it is now very probable that he is really dead.
"Well, that was inconspicous." James announces ironically over the radio. "I just intercepted a radio message of our foe, containing of a gurgle, as if someone was dying." A short pause. "Well, better than letting him tell more. They have catched it and are now wondering what it is supposed to mean. So get moving while they haven't figured it out. And just mark me anything that looks important."

Status
Not open for further replies.