• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unprotect my lost map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
First of all, let me make clear that I am Brazilian and I can not speak English fluently, so I'm using google translator.

I come here begging for help. My computer was formatted and lost all my projects, and now I'm wanting to do a new version and fix some bugs that I did my project (http://www.epicwar.com/maps/202153/), but I lost original file to edit it, and now I only have this link you can get it protected.

I wonder if someone could unlock this my map because I am now unable to edit it, having lost the file without the protection on my computer formatting.

I'm desperate for it and would really like someone to help me, I will leave my email here in case someone can unlock my map [email protected].

Note: I will leave here the link to the program I used to protect my map http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=77401

Level 35
The modding help forum-> World Editor Help would be the place to go.

In regards to your problem: if you managed to properly protect your map (which btw is the reason I only ever protect my maps if they otherwise would be to large - a problem that haven't arisen since wc3 was patched to allow a larger map size) then you can only hope to do one thing: unprotect the map and gain access to the terrain (and if your really good some object data as well). You will likely also get the triggers, but it will also be bunched together in one massive JASS file for map initiation.

I will not recommend a program to do it with, but I will point you to this site for a guide. Enjoy and hope you'll solve you problem.

Also welcome to the site and hopefully you'll stick around and enjoy the many other things we have here (and next time post in the right location :wink:)

Status
Not open for further replies.