• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Units under attack alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
There are two main problems, but I think one might just go away if I fix the other one.

I don't want the game to tell me "your allies town is under siege!!!" or whatever it says every couple minutes when the game is set up so that there is no break in the attacks lol.

Anyway, this is a fairly minor problem as it basically doesn't affect gameplay (infrequent and doesn't really do anything) - however, there is a bigger problem now with a triggered DOT I have. My courier would get hit by the DOT and then it would tell me he's under attack when he's way back in my base with no enemies are around (glad it was just this - thought there was maybe some ghost dummies making it through somehow lol). This why there are two separate problems but with the same symptom (and maybe just addressing the symptom is good enough):

1) How do I do damage with triggers so that it does not trigger an alert?

2) How do I remove the alerts for when units are under attack completely from my map?

Both of these will be helpful to me, so don't stop if you have the answer to just one :p lol. Thanks in advance.

Level 12
1. You can remove HP instead. But I don't recommend it.
2. It's somewhere in the Gameplay Constant. Something like 'Attack Notification Radius', I'm sure you'll find it with ease.

Ya I definitely don't want to remove HP. That would also make it go through my damage detection entirely which is a big problem lol.

I will look in the gameplay constants.

Level 10
For your first problem, I might recommend making a modified version of the Item Life Regeneration ability and setting Data - Hit Points Regenerated Per Second field to (negative) however much damage the DoT does per second and adding that ability to any unit being effected by the DoT. Though this may also make it through your damage detection.
Interestingly, this solution is similar to what you rejected in your other thread that I just responded to.

I could find two threads on The Hive related to your second. Did you read through them first?
Disable "ally under attack" messages
Alert from unit

Level 12
For your first problem, I might recommend making a modified version of the Item Life Regeneration ability and setting Data - Hit Points Regenerated Per Second field to (negative) however much damage the DoT does per second and adding that ability to any unit being effected by the DoT. Though this may also make it through your damage detection.
Interestingly, this solution is similar to what you rejected in your other thread that I just responded to.

I could find two threads on The Hive related to your second. Did you read through them first?
Disable "ally under attack" messages
Alert from unit

I'll check those out and see what I can find. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.