• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Unit groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, i made a spell that when a unit casts that spell, a variable group will be set that records all units within 300 range of casting unit. Then the number of units in the group as an integer variable. Then the trigger will create (Number of units in unit group) for casting unit. The problem is, how can we order every unit of a group to cast a dummy spell on every unit. for exmp, every unit in CasterGroup to cast spell on every unit in TargetGroup? Also, its 1 unit cast to 1 unit. A target will not be casted on by the ability twice

Level 21
Hi, i made a spell that when a unit casts that spell, a variable group will be set that records all units within 300 range of casting unit. Then the number of units in the group as an integer variable. Then the trigger will create (Number of units in unit group) for casting unit. The problem is, how can we order every unit of a group to cast a dummy spell on every unit. for exmp, every unit in CasterGroup to cast spell on every unit in TargetGroup? Also, its 1 unit cast to 1 unit. A target will not be casted on by the ability twice

If I get what you mean correctly, then you won't need 2 groups.
Just use "Pick every unit in group and do multiple actions" for the target group and then create a dummy for every unit separately.
You could also recycle dummies, but I guess that is not needed at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.